Whether you are planning to build a deck or build a business empire, the links at left and below can help you conduct your business with the City.
Kingston is open for business. The City is committed to expanding the tax base through intensification for greater economic resiliency and job growth. Kingston's vision of a sustainable economy is one which attracts and retains businesses and skilled employees, contributes to global knowledge, incubates innovation and brings new goods and services to market.
Open for business
The City's Corporate Strategic Plan outlines plans to build on Kingston's strengths and opportunities for a vibrant, diverse, dynamic and sustainable economy by:
- animating its motto: "where history and innovation thrive"
- review City policies and streamline processes to emphasize economic development
- developing strategies to enable redevelopment, encourage investment, and boost immigration and tourism
- expand the supply of City owned industrial lands
- capitalize on opportunities for research and innovation for economic growth
"Where history and innovation thrive."
– Kingston's motto.