History and innovation thrive in Kingston, located at the head of the St. Lawrence River and the junction of the Rideau Canal (a UNESCO World Heritage site). Kingston is a dynamic city with a sound and diversified economic base - consisting of prestigious public institutions, government bodies, leading healthcare and education facilities, significant tourism and entertainment activity, and a large private sector. Kingston offers quality of life of a smaller community with the amenities of a major centre.
Looking for a job with the City of Kingston?
Work for the organization that makes Kingston one of the best places to live in Canada. The City of Kingston values its employees who deliver superior service to those who live, work and play here. Now it is easier than ever before to apply for a job at the City with our new online application tool.
The City of Kingston collects your applications using an automated recruiting management system. To view current job postings and apply go to Career Opportunities. You will need to create a profile including your education, experience, and skills, and upload a recent resume and any other supporting documents. Once you have created a profile, applying for posted positions is as easy as the click of a mouse. All information is confidential to the City of Kingston and is not shared.
How To Apply
- Visit the Career Opportunities page to find a list of open job postings.
- Select the job title to view the full job description.
- If you are interested in applying, select "Apply for this job" at the bottom of the screen.
- You will then be prompted to create a user profile (you must have an email address to create a profile) or sign into an existing profile. If you do not have an email account, you can set one up with a free email provider such as Google or Yahoo.
- When you upload a copy of your resume, information will be pulled from it to fill in some of the basic fields (i.e. name, address, etc.).
- Once a profile is created, you can log in anytime to see the status of your application(s), update your information, apply for other positions, add skills and any additional supporting documents.
Your resume or application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements of the position. We thank all of those who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. The City of Kingston is an equal opportunity employer. Information collected will be handled in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The City no longer accepts external applications in person, via fax, email or by post. If you require assistance to apply online please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-427-7717.