Friday Traffic Report
April 17, 2014 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events that are expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week and an advisory from Public Works and Government Services Canada regarding their upcoming closures of the La Salle Causeway.
See the entire 2011-2014 infrastructure program at www.cityofkingston.ca/construction.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Williamsville Road Closures and Delays:
- The intersection of Princess St. and Macdonnell St. is closed until the end of April as part of the Williamsville Reconstruction project. For more information see www.cityofkingston.ca/Williamsville.
- Princess St. is also closed from Macdonnell St. to Tower St. until late June. Businesses and medical offices are still accessible.
- Princess St. will experience delays between Bath Rd. and Regent St. until the end of April while Bell Canada upgrades their infrastructure.
Other Road Closures:
- Barbara St. is also closed from Division St. to Alfred Cres. until late July.
- Palace Rd. is also closed from Carruthers. to Park St. beginning until mid-May.
Other Traffic Delays:
- Division St. will experience delays at Barbara Ave. until late April.
- King Street will be closed from The Tragically Hip Way to Place D'Armes on Wednesday, April 23 and Thursday, April 24 for the Canadian Medical Hall of Fame.
- Ontario Street will be closed from Brock to Clarence on Sunday, April 27 from 6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. for the Kingston Road Runners Association 5K and 21K Race Plus 5K Walk
La Salle Causeway
Public Works and Government Services Canada has advised of the following disruptions impacting the La Salle Causeway
- Intermittent closures of up to five minutes for inspections by the consultant on Saturday, April 26 from 7 a.m. to noon. The bridge will open to traffic and pedestrians.
- Full closure of the bridge for maintenance work overnight on Sunday, April 27 from 12:01 a.m. to 4 a.m. The bridge will open for emergency vehicles and pedestrians only.
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Communications Officer 613-546-4291, ext. 3116. Or call the City of Kingston's media hotline at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.