Road Closures & Delays
July 24: Winter road repair work continues on Norman Rogers and on Portsmouth between Bath and Princess.
On May 20 Council approved $3.3 million to repair roads that were extensively damaged by this past winter's extreme weather. In order to complete these repairs as quickly as possible the City awarded this work to four contractors: Coco Paving, Cruickshank Construction, Kiley Paving and Williams Paving. As you will see in the attached map, the majority of the road repairs will be taking place in City Central and City West, with some repairs occurring in City East and City North.
Friday Traffic Report
July 18, 2014 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events that are expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week.
See the entire 2011-2014 infrastructure program at www.cityofkingston.ca/construction.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Winter road repairs (#ygkroads)
Delays can be expected on a number of City streets until late Sept. while crews repair extensive winter damage to Kingston's urban roads. The City's Twitter feed (@CityofKingston) will offer daily updates on the $3.3 million repairs program. For the more major repairs, motorists and cyclists can also check the City pages in the Kingston Whig-Standard and/or sign up for Breaking News at www.CityofKingston.ca/news to receive Friday Traffic Reports.
- Princess St. will also be closing between Tower St. and Drayton St. until late August as crews enter phase three of this project.
- Princess St. will also experience delays from Concession St. to Tower St. until late August.
- Businesses and medical offices remain open and accessible. For more information see www.cityofkingston.ca/Williamsville.
Other Road Closures:
- Baster Ave. will be closed from Avondale Cr. to Sproule St. beginning Monday, July 28 until early August.
- Avondale Cr. will be closed from Sproule St. to Baxter Ave. beginning Monday, July 28 until late August.
- Palace Rd. is closed from Brock St. to Carruthers Ave until early August.
- Brant Ave. will be closed from Kirkpatrick St. to Oak St. until the end of July.
- George St. will be closed from King St. to OKill St. until mid-August.
- Ontario St. will be closed on Sunday, July 20 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for Pull Together for Epilepsy.
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Media Relations Officer 613-546-4291, ext. 3116. Or call the City of Kingston's media hotline at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.