Kingston Transit provides conventional bus service within the urban area of the City of Kingston and, under contract, to the neighbouring community of Amherstview. We recognize that public transit is an important link to work, social events and activities for our riders. Kingston Transit offers a variety of convenient and accessible travel options to get you where you want to go. Kingston Transit is a friendlier way to get around. It's practical and economical.
Use Kingston Transit's Trip Planner tool to plan your bus trip door to door. It's simple and available 24/7.
Explore these links to find out more about Kingston Transit – including plans to add two additional express routes in mid 2015.
Fares and My Cards
Kingston Transit offers a variety of payment options.
- No service on New Year's Day, Good Friday and Christmas Day.
- Bus service operates on a Sunday schedule on Family Day, Victoria Day, Canada Day, Civic Holiday (in August), Labour Day, Thanksgiving Day and Boxing Day.
See Service Alerts! to keep track of news and information on bus detours and service notices that may affect your commute (the Trip Planner does not necessarily reflect all unexpected changes).
Park & Ride
Kingston Transit provides Park & Ride lots for customers who wish to park their vehicles and ride the bus the rest of the way to their destination. Free parking in these lots is available on a first come first serve basis at:
- Montreal Street and Hwy 401
- INVISTA Centre, 1350 Gardiners Road
- Centre 70, Corner of Days Road & Front Road
- Kingston Gospel Temple, 2295 Princess Street
Display your advertising on Kingston Transit vehicles, shelters and benches.