6,350 households to receive Utilities Kingston conservation reports - 6,350 households to receive Utilities Kingston conservation reports
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null 6,350 households to receive Utilities Kingston conservation reports
May 24, 2016 -
Utilities Kingston is sending out Powerful InsightsTM reports to 6,350 customers to help them identify how to conserve energy and water – and save money.
Approximately, 2,500 of the reports are going to households that have electrical heat sources while 3,850 of them are going to general high-use households. Utilities Kingston's electricity customers who would like to get reports, but don't receive a mailing by July, can register at the link given below.
"The goal here is to help our customers who use a lot of electricity and water find ways to cut down by offering them clear information on their usage," says Stephen Sottile, manager of conservation and customer service at Utilities Kingston.
This Powerful Insights program was piloted in 2015 and Utilities Kingston saw a two per cent drop in energy use amongst the 9,000 households that were sent reports. Collectively, they saved enough energy to power 100 average residential customers for a year.
The Powerful Insights reports offer:
- A comparison of a customer's household's energy use to homes of similar size and heating source.
- Calculated estimates of how much energy is being used by a customer's heating and cooling equipment, appliances, lights and electronics.
- Suggestions, tailored to individual households, for actions customers can take to save energy, water and money while reducing our community's impact on the environment.
Customers can find more information on the Powerful InsightsTM program and reports at www.UtilitiesKingston.com/PowerfulInsights where they can also:
- Find answers to frequently asked questions.
- Ask a question or offer feedback to help improve the reports.
- Find new conservation tips each month.
- Register to receive Powerful Insights™ reports for their household, or opt out of the program.
Customers who'd like assistance with their reports, or anyone interested in learning more about ways to conserve water, energy and money can call 613-546-0000 and say ‘conservation'.
Media contact: For more information contact 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.
About Utilities Kingston: Utilities Kingston operates multiple utilities through a single service structure, allowing it to deliver cost savings and customer service excellence. The company is unique in Ontario, combining water, wastewater, gas and electrical services, and broadband fibre optics in one company. Trusted by customers to deliver reliable utilities for more than 150 years, employees are proud to provide personal, responsive services.
Connect with Utilities Kingston – all your utility needs under one roof.
Twitter: follow @www.twitter.com/utilitieskngstn
Facebook: Like us at www.facebook.com/utilitieskingston