Addendum to Request for Noise Bylaw exemption – EllisDon - Addendum to Request for Noise Bylaw exemption – EllisDon
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Addendum to Request for Noise Bylaw exemption – EllisDon
April 10, 2017 -
Providence Care Hospital, 752 King St. West
EllisDon Corporation has applied for an exemption to the City of Kingston's Noise Control Bylaw for the purpose of permitting noise from construction activities (demolition) at the Providence Care Hospital site located at 752 King St. West. The applicant has requested the exemption to cover work between 7 p.m. and 11 p.m., Mondays to Fridays, from May 3 to Sept. 1, 2017. This is an addendum to the April 4 notice.
In support of its noise exemption request, the contractor has provided the City with the following additional information:
Every attempt will be made to reduce the duration of the construction schedule.
The contractor will conduct the demolition work with the following restrictions:
- Regular operations will run until 7 p.m.
- No hydraulic hammering or truck loading will take place after 7 p.m.
- Large equipment will run until 9 p.m. (with grapple, shears and crusher attachments)
- Material processing with excavators will run until 9 p.m.
- After 9 p.m. only indoor work will proceed (with no dropping in drop zones)
- Small equipment will be run in buildings until 11 p.m.
The contractor will follow these general practices to reduce noise:
- Ensure equipment is well maintained and use late-model equipment with functioning exhaust/muffler systems.
- Practice demolition techniques that will minimize noise, such as avoiding dropping/pounding and utilizing precision demolition with hydraulic attachments.
- Use generators to supply temporary power to the building which have a typical peak sound level of 67 db.
Anyone wishing to object to this exemption should deliver their concerns in writing or by email by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, April 14, 2017 to:
City of Kingston
Greg McLean, licensing & enforcement
216 Ontario St.
Kingston, ON K7L 2Z3
Phone: 613-546-4291 ext. 1336
Located at: 216 Ontario St.
This matter will be considered during the regular council meeting that commences at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, May 2, 2017.
Notice of Collection: Personal information collected is pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (and all other applicable privacy provincial and federal legislation). Such legislation is reviewed and applied for the collection, use, disclosure and destruction of the information. The personal information collected as a result of this public notice will be used to assist in making a decision on this matter. All names, addresses, opinions and comments collected will be made available for public disclosure. Questions regarding this collection should be forwarded to Greg McLean, licensing and enforcement, 216 Ontario St., Kingston, Ontario, K7L 2Z3 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.