News & Public Notices
All aboard for a holiday-themed train show at PumpHouse
December 5, 2017 -
Choo-choo on down to the PumpHouse's All Aboard for the Holidays event this Saturday, Dec. 9 and Sunday, Dec. 10 from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. at 23 Ontario St.
- Conductors of all ages are going to love trying their skills with our model trains and these features: Try your hand at conducting on our portable model railway layout – the best place for all junior conductors to practice.
- The train room has been transformed into a winter wonderland complete with a winter village. See the O & HO scale layouts – a kind of model railway – come alive with holiday locomotives.
- Join the man in red for The Polar Express story time Saturday 2:30 – 4:30 p.m. and Sunday at 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Polar Express story time with Santa Saturday at 3 p.m. and Sunday at 12 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. leave with a special souvenir
- Strike a pose at the holiday photo booth, complete with all sorts of fun props.
- Yummy marshmallow chocolate bar!
- Make a holiday craft.
Again this year, we will be collecting new, unwrapped toys for the toy drive in lieu of admission (one toy per family). Beat the lines and pre-register to pay with a toy. For details and to preregister visit kingstonpumphouse.ca
If you choose not to pay with a toy admission is $5.13 for adults, $4.34 for youth (13 - 24 yrs), $1.75 for children (3 - 12 yrs), infants are free and families (max two adults and their children) are $12.30.
About the City of Kingston
The City of Kingston provides municipal services to 125,000 residents living in this visually stunning, historic city, often ranked one of the best places to live in Canada. Kingston is focusing on being smart and livable as it pursues its vision to become Canada's most sustainable city. We focus on environmental responsibility, social equity, economic health and cultural vitality –ensuring that today's decisions don't compromise our future.
Please visit www.CityofKingston.ca and join the conversation on social media.
Media contact: For more information call the cultural service department at 613-546-4291, ext. 1309.