All aboard for holiday-themed train show at Pump House Steam Museum - All aboard for holiday-themed train show at Pump House Steam Museum
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null All aboard for holiday-themed train show at Pump House Steam Museum
December 7, 2016 -
Choo-choo on down to the Pump House Steam Museum's new All Aboard for the Holidays train show this Saturday, Dec. 10 and Sunday, Dec. 11 from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.
"We are thrilled to announce this holiday tradition in the making! Conductors of all ages are going to love trying their skills on our model trains," says Gordon Robinson, curator.\
- Trying your hand at conducting on our portable layout/model railway. The best place for all junior conductors to practice.
- The newly renovated train room. It has been transformed into a winter wonderland complete with a winter village.
- See the O & HO scale layouts – a kind of model railway –come alive with holiday locomotives.
- The Polar Express story times Saturday and Sunday at 11 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. hosted by the big guy in red and leave with a special souvenir.
- Our epic hot chocolate bar. Think beyond marshmallows!
- Striking a pose at the holiday photo booth, complete with all sorts of fun props.
- Making a miniature train you can eat.
The museum, at 23 Ontario St., is offering free admission with a new unwrapped toy for the local toy drive – or a family admission is just $11.95 or pay $5 for adults, $4.22 for students and seniors and $1.70 for children 5 to 12 (children 0-4 years-old are free).
About the City of Kingston
The City of Kingston provides municipal services to 125,000 residents living in this visually stunning, historic city, often ranked one of the best places to live in Canada. Kingston is focusing on being smart and livable as it pursues its vision to become Canada's most sustainable city. We focus on environmental responsibility, social equity, economic health and cultural vitality –ensuring that today's decisions don't compromise our future.
Please visit www.CityofKingston.ca and join the conversation on social media.
Media contact: For more information call the strategic communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.