News & Public Notices
Belle Park Master Plan sessions to focus on naturalization and recreational amenities
November 15, 2018 –
Get an update and offer input at upcoming sessions on the Belle Park Master Plan 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. on Nov. 28 and 29 at Molly Brant Elementary School, 30 Lyons St.
Each session has a different focus to offer participants an opportunity to provide input that will help shape long term changes to the park at 731 Montreal St.:
- Wednesday, Nov. 28 – session will focus on the recreational amenities of the park.
- Thursday, Nov. 29 – session will focus on the naturalization in the park.
Both sessions will include:
- A presentation offering an overview of the project and a report back on feedback received to date.
- A question and answer period.
- Consultation through a group exercise.
The Belle Park Master Plan is intended to become a guiding document that will inform long-range improvements and operational practices in the 80-acre park, which sits on a former landfill site on the shores of the Cataraqui River.
Council has directed that the plan include naturalized areas, outdoor recreation activities and to consider potential partnerships with sports organizations. Additional public consultation on the master plan will take place in 2019.
For more see: www.CityofKingston.ca/Projects.