News & Public Notices
City and KFHC to open new affordable housing at 645 Brock St
May 27, 2019 -
- What: Opening event for affordable housing at 645 Brock St.
- When: 1 p.m. on Wednesday, May 29
- Where: 645 Brock St.
- Who: Mayor Bryan Paterson and Mary Lynn Cousins Brame, CEO, Kingston & Frontenac Housing Corporation (KFHC).
The City of Kingston and the Kingston and Frontenac Housing Corporation (KFHC) are celebrating the official opening of new housing at 645 Brock St. The 29-unit apartment building provides mixed-income housing, including:
- 10 rent-geared-to-income units,
- 10 affordable housing units where tenants pay 80 per cent of the local average market rent, and
- nine market rental units.
The project was supported by $2.5 million in municipal, provincial, and federal affordable housing capital funding assistance. Features of the building include accessible units, ground floor and roof-top common amenity areas, indoor bicycle parking, shared laundry facilities, and close proximity to transit, public amenities, and employment areas.
"KFHC is pleased to officially open the new affordable housing development at 645 Brock St., made possible by support from the City of Kingston and senior levels of government. The project generated much excitement and consultation resulting in a beautiful building that compliments the surrounding neighbourhood and community" says Mary Lynn Cousins Brame, CEO, Kingston & Frontenac Housing Corporation.
Find out more by exploring these links: