News & Public Notices
City and Utilities Kingston schedules affected by Thanksgiving holiday
October 03, 2016 –
The Thanksgiving holiday on Monday, Oct. 10 will create some schedule changes to municipal and utility services:
- Garbage, Green Bin and Recycling: No collection Monday and collection moves to the day after your normal pick-up day for the rest of the week. Sign-up to be reminded what to put out when at www.CityofKingston.ca/Collection. The Kingston Area Recycling Centre is also closed Monday.
- Kingston Transit: All buses will run on a Sunday schedule on Monday – except for Route 18 which runs on a weekday schedule. Plan your bus trip with Google Transit: www.kingstontransit.ca/tripplanner
- Kingston Access Services: Operates with limited service Monday. Call 613-542-2512.
- Administrative offices: All administrative offices, including housing and social services and provincial offences, are closed Monday.
- Utilities Kingston and Kingston Hydro: Closed Monday. In the event of a utility emergency, such as a gas smell, power outage or a water main break, call the Utilities Kingston 24-hour number at 613-546-1181. Hydro One electricity customers in the west and east ends can call 1-800-434-1235. Union Gas customers can call 1-877-969-0999. Remember: for electricity used on weekends and holidays, electricity prices are off-peak.
- INVISTA Centre/ Fitness & Wellness Centre, Artillery Park Aquatic Centre and arenas: Closed Monday.
- CaraCo Home Field: Closed Monday.
- Libraries: All branches of the Kingston Frontenac Public Library are closed Monday.
- Portsmouth Olympic Harbour: The fueling stations are open. The marina office and building are closed.
- Grand Theatre Box Office: Closed Monday.
About the City of Kingston
The City of Kingston provides municipal services to 125,000 residents living in this visually stunning, historic city, often ranked one of the best places to live in Canada. Kingston is focusing on being smart and livable as it pursues its vision to become Canada's most sustainable city. We focus on environmental responsibility, social equity, economic health and cultural vitality –ensuring that today's decisions don't compromise our future.
Please visit www.CityofKingston.ca and join the conversation on social media.
Media contact: For more information call the strategic communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.