News & Public Notices
City Highlights Drop-in Activities For Tomorrow
January 10, 2013 -
Families affected by tomorrow's school closures may be interested in the City's activities and drop-in recreational programming.
"The City is providing some recreation ideas for families. Join us at Beechgrove Complex Recreation Centre, the INVISTA Centre or Springer Market Square Rink," says Wally Ferris, Director of Recreation and Leisure Services. "Enjoy a swim, skate, or fitness activity. An opportunity to keep busy and have fun."
The following recreational opportunities — including swimming, skating, fitness classes and more — are available to the general public (regular drop-in rates apply):
Beechgrove Complex Recreation Centre, 51 Heakes Lane (off King Street near Portsmouth Avenue)
- Parent & Tot Swim: 9:45 — 10:15 a.m. Ages: children ages 6 and under with adult
- Family Swim: 1:30 — 3:30 p.m. All ages. Anyone 15 years and under must be accompanied by an adult in the water. Maximum 3 children per caregiver.
- Family Fit Class: 12:10 — 1 p.m. All ages. Anyone 15 years and under must be accompanied by an adult. Adult drop-in Fitness fees apply (no fee for children).
INVISTA Centre, 1350 Gardiners Rd.
- Parent & Tot Skating: 10:30 — 11:50 a.m. (1/2 ice) Ages: children 6 years and under accompanied by an adult. Helmets with screens are required for children.
- Parent & Tot Shinny Hockey: 10:30 — 11:50 a.m. (1/2 ice) Ages: children 6 years and under accompanied by an adult. All participants required to wear hockey helmet. Screens required on child's helmet.
- Family Skate: 8:30 — 10 a.m. All ages. Anyone 15 years and under must be accompanied by an adult. Helmets recommended.
- Drop In Fit Zone — all day. Ages: 7 — 15. Children under 10 years must be accompanied by an adult. Try out our Fitness gaming equipment.
Cataraqui Community Centre, Kinsmen Ice pad, 1030 Sunnyside Rd.
Please note: this facility accepts cash only
- Family Skate: 1— 3 p.m. All ages. Anyone 15 years and under must be accompanied by an adult. Helmets recommended.
Springer Market Square Rink, 216 Ontario St.
- Skating all day. All ages. Helmets recommended.
Activity drop in rates are available at: www.cityofkingston.ca/recreation
Plan to get there by bus: www.cityofkingston.ca/tripplanner
- 30 -
Media contact information:
Cindie Ashton, Communications Officer 613-546-4291, extension 3116. Or call the City of Kingston's media hotline at 613-546-4291, ext 2300.