City launches Show us Your Kingston photo contest - City launches Show us Your Kingston photo contest
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null City launches Show us Your Kingston photo contest
January 10, 2019 –
The City of Kingston wants to see – and show – Kingston through YOUR eyes.
"We want to see your photos of the places and things that make Kingston a great place to live. Show us the parks, streetscapes, and houses that makes your neighbourhood special to you," says Craig Desjardins, director of strategy, innovation and partnerships. "We are currently working on a project to attract people to live and work in Kingston. Your photos will go a long way to demonstrate the variety of lifestyles available in Kingston. In the past, some of the most compelling images used by the City have been submitted by residents."
Upload your photos of Kingston by Monday, Feb. 11 and you could win:
- 1st prize: Two tickets to see Cirque du Soleil's Crystal in July at the Leon's Centre.
- 2nd prize: A $100 Netflix gift card.
- 3rd prize: A $50 Camera Kingston gift card.
The theme for this year's contest is "My Neighborhood." Residents can submit photos of the beautiful places and things in their neighborhood, along with a brief description of their photo and what they like best about the neighborhood where the photo was taken.
Submitted photos may be used in future City communications to show the beauty, diversity and vibrancy of Kingston life and all it has to offer.
Submission and Contest Details
- Submit your photo – and a description of its location – by visiting www.CityofKingston.ca/ShowUsYourKingston. You can submit up to five photos and see the photographs that others have submitted.
- Share the photos you are uploading on social media using #ShowUsYourKingston and describe the image's location.
The photographers of the three best photos as chosen by City staff will be notified on Monday, Feb. 25.