News & Public Notices
City offers roster of Family Day activities
February 8, 2016 -
Here is the City of Kingston's activity, program and service schedule for Family Day, Monday, Feb. 15:
Family Day activities
Have active Family Day fun at the Artillery Park Aquatic Centre, 382 Bagot St. and the INVISTA Centre, 1350 Gardiners Rd.
Unless otherwise indicated, drop-in fees apply. Grade 5s and 9s swim or skate for FREE with ActivPass.
Daybreaker Dance Birthday Party at the Tett Centre, 370 King St. W.
- The Tett Centre is holding a 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. dance party to celebrate its first birthday on Family Day. Shake up your family's wake-up with DJ Chico and fresh juice from Juicy Kik in the Tett's lovely Malting Tower.
Swim at the Artillery Park Aquatic Centre:
- 11:30 a.m. to 1:25 p.m. – Lane & Family Swim
- 1:30 to 3:25 p.m. – Leisure Swim
- 3:30 to 4:25 p.m. – Parent and Tot Swim (leisure pool)
- 3:30 to 4:25 p.m. – Swim Sports (Vicki Keith Pool)
- 5 to 6:25 p.m. – Lane and Family Swim
- 6:30 to 7:25 p.m. – Aqua fit (Vicki Keith Pool)
- 6:30 to 7:25 p.m. – Leisure Swim (leisure pool)
Skate at the INVISTA Centre:
- Parent & Tot Skating – 10:30 to 11:50 a.m.
- Public Skating – 12 to 2 p.m.
- Parent & Tot Shinny – 2 to 2:50 p.m.
Work out at a City fitness centre:
Drop in to the INVISTA Fitness & Wellness Centre or the Artillery Park Aquatic Centre.
- Fitness members at the INVISTA Fitness & Wellness Centre can bring a friend for FREE on Family Day (call 613-546-4291, ext. 1891 for details).
- Grade 9 ActivPass holders enjoy FREE Fit Zone access all day at the INVISTA Centre.
The Family Day holiday will create some schedule changes to municipal services:
- Green Bin, garbage and recycling: No collection on Monday. Monday's collection moves to Tuesday, and for the rest of the week, collection occurs the day after the regular pick-up day. Never miss collection day again: sign-up at www.CityofKingston.ca/collection to receive collection reminders by phone, text or email. The City also offers a FREE "Kingston Waste" app for use on your Apple or Android device.
- Kingston Transit: Bus service will operate on a Sunday schedule on Monday. Route 18 will run on a weekday schedule.
- Kingston Access Services: operates with limited service on Monday. Call 613-542-2512 for information.
- Administrative offices, including housing and social services on Montreal Street and Provincial Offences: Closed Monday.
- Utilities Kingston and Kingston Hydro: Closed Monday. In the event of a utility emergency, such as a gas smell, power outage or a water main break, call the Utilities Kingston 24-hour number at 613-546-1181. Hydro One electricity customers in the city's west and east ends should call 1-800-434-1235. Union Gas customers can call 1-877-969-0999. Remember: off-peak pricing applies to electricity used on weekends and holidays like Family Day.
- Kingston Area Recycling Centre: Closed.
- INVISTA Centre/Arenas: The INVISTA Centre is open but all other arenas are closed.
- Artillery Park Aquatic Centre: Open.
- Libraries: All branches of the Kingston Frontenac Public Library will be closed on Sunday and Monday.
- Grand Theatre Box Office: Closed. Tickets for all shows can be purchased online 24 hours a day at www.kingstongrand.ca.
Plan your bus trip with Google Transit: www.kingstontransit.ca/tripplanner
About the City of Kingston
The City of Kingston provides municipal services to 125,000 residents living in this visually stunning, historic city, often ranked one of the best places to live in Canada. In 2014, it was named a Top 7 Smart Community by the Intelligent Community Forum. Kingston is focusing on being smart and livable as it pursues its vision to become Canada's most sustainable city. We focus on environmental responsibility, social equity, economic health and cultural vitality – ensuring that today's decisions don't compromise our future. Please visit www.CityofKingston.ca and join the conversation on social media.
Media contact: For more information call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.