City Offers Roster of Family Day Activities - City Offers Roster of Family Day Activities
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null City Offers Roster of Family Day Activities
February 11, 2013
Municipal services run on holiday schedule
The City and some community partners are offering a variety of Family Day activities for Monday, Feb. 18. (The holiday schedule for municipal services follows the activity listing.)
INVISTA Centre, 1350 Gardiners Rd.:
- Parent & Tot Skating/Shinny 10:30 – 11:50 a.m. (children 6 and under)
- Public Skating 1 – 2:45 p.m., 6:30 – 7:20 p.m.
- Tots to 12 yrs. $2.50; Senior 65+/Student 13-17 yrs. $3; Adult $3.75; Family $2.50/person
- A FREE Public Skate is being sponsored by Braden Ford from 1 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.
Beechgrove Complex Recreational Centre, 51 Heakes Lane:
- Adult and Family Swim 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Family $2.83/person
- Leisure Swim 2 – 4 p.m., Adult $4.90; Senior/Student $3.90; Child (under 13) $2.50
- Parent & Tot Swim 4 – 5 p.m., Adult $2.83, children under 6 FREE
- Drop-in Swim to Survive Lessons 5 – 6 p.m., FREE
- Adult and Family Swim 6 – 7:30 p.m., Adult $4.90, Family $2.83/person
- Aquafit – 7:30 – 8:30 p.m. Adult $9.04
- The Fitness and Wellness Centre, 1350 Gardiners Rd., is inviting members to "Bring a Friend" for a FREE visit to the gym on Family Day (details available in the Fitness Centre). Flash your Grade 9 Activpass from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Try the Drop-in Youth Fit Zone for those 7-17 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. (regular fees apply. Youth Fit Zone Orientation is required for all new visitors).
- Beechgrove, 51 Heakes Lane, has Noon Hour Fitness 12:10 – 1 p.m. (regular rates apply)
Portsmouth Olympic Harbour, 53 Yonge St.
Families can discover their artistic side from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at ArtZoo's FREE workshops, performances and crafts. Plan to try your hand at wax sculpting – or check out the many community vendors showcasing artistic or cultural experiences. Puppet, dance, and modern art workshops will be scheduled throughout the day.
Municipal Holiday Schedule
The Family Day holiday will create some schedule changes to important municipal services:
- Administrative Offices, including Community and Family Services and Housing on Montreal Street and Provincial Offences: Closed Monday.
- Utilities Kingston and Kingston Hydro: Closed Monday. In the event of a utility emergency, such as a gas smell, power outage or a water main break, call the Utilities Kingston 24-hour number at 613-546-1181. (Hydro One electricity customers in City west and east should call 1-800-434-1235.)
- Kingston Transit: Bus service will not operate on Monday. Regular service resumes Tuesday.
- Green Bin, garbage and recycling: No collection on Monday. Monday's collection moves to Tuesday, and for the rest of the week, collection occurs the day after the regular pick-up day.
- Kingston Area Recycling Centre: Closed.
- Arenas: Open.
- Wally Elmer Neighbourhood Centre: Closed.
- Fitness & Wellness Centre at the INVISTA Centre: Open 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. (note reduced hours).
- Beechgrove Complex Recreational Centre: Open 11:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. (note reduced hours).
- Libraries: All branches of the Kingston Frontenac Public Library will be closed on Sunday, Feb. 17 and Monday, Feb. 18.
- Grand Theatre Box Office: Closed.
- Portsmouth Olympic Harbour: Open.
- Oakwood Daycare: Closed.
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Communications Officer 613-546-4291, ext. 3116. Or call the City of Kingston's media hotline at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.