News & Public Notices
City offers tips to ensure garbage and recycling collection
March 3, 2014 -
The City reminds residents that their garbage, Green Bin and recycling must be properly sorted and placed to ensure collection.
Make sure your collectibles are picked-up by following these tips:
- If waste is placed on a snowbank, the top of your receptacles or garbage bag should be no higher than 4.5 feet off the ground (about shoulder height).
- Garbage and recycling containers, including contents, must not weigh more than 20 kg (44 lbs).
- Green Bins, including contents, must not weigh more than 30 kg (66 lbs)
- Remove bungee cords and other tie-downs from receptacles at the curb.
- Cardboard put out for recycling should be broken down into pieces that are no larger than 3 feet x 2 feet x 8 inches. It may be bundled with string or put loosely into your Grey Box. Cardboard should be separated from boxboard (e.g. cereal and cracker boxes).
Be reminded what to put out when: www.CityofKingston.ca/collection
Don't know where it goes? www.CityofKingston.ca/wastelookup
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Media Relations Officer, 613-546-4291, ext. 3116 (cell 613-329-3462). Or call Communications at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.