News & Public Notices
City Schedules Affected by Victoria Day Holiday
May 13, 2013 -
Two Untagged Bags of Garbage Allowed Next Week
The Victoria Day holiday, Monday, May 20, will create some schedule changes to municipal services. Residents are reminded they may put out two untagged bags of garbage for collection during the week following Victoria Day:
- Kingston Transit: All buses will run on a Sunday schedule on Monday. Plan your bus trip using the Trip Planner at www.kingstontransit.ca/tripplanner.
- Garbage, Green Bin and recycling: You may put out two untagged bags of garbage next week. There is no collection on Monday. Monday's collection moves to Tuesday, and for the rest of the week, collection occurs the day after your regular collection day.
- Kingston Area Recycling Centre: Closed Monday.
- Administrative Offices: All administrative offices, including community services, housing, provincial offences are closed on Monday.
- Utilities Kingston and Kingston Hydro: Closed Monday. In the event of a utility emergency, such as a gas smell, power outage or a water main break, call the Utilities Kingston 24-hour number at 613-546-1181. (Hydro One electricity customers in City west and east should call 1-800-434-1235.)
- INVISTA Centre: Closed Monday.
- INVISTA Centre Fitness & Wellness Centre: Closed Monday.
- Beechgrove Complex Recreational Facility: Closed Monday.
- Arenas: Closed Monday.
- Caraco Home Field: Closed Monday.
- Wally Elmer Neighbourhood Centre: Closed Monday.
- Libraries: All branches of the Kingston Frontenac Public Library will be closed on Monday.
- Portsmouth Olympic Harbour: Closed Monday.
- Grand Theatre: Closed Monday.
- Oakwood Daycare: Closed Monday.
Kingston Fire & Rescue reminds residents to follow the fireworks safety guidelines at: www.CityofKingston.ca/fire
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Communications Officer 613-546-4291, ext. 3116. Or call the City of Kingston's media hotline at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.