City seeks volunteer advisers for committees and other municipal bodies - City seeks volunteer advisers for committees and other municipal bodies
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null City seeks volunteer advisers for committees and other municipal bodies
October 30, 2018 –
Do you want to help shape your community? Volunteer for one of the City of Kingston committees, boards, commissions or working groups now seeking informed advice from committed Kingstonians.
"Kingston is fortunate to have a wealth of skilled and knowledgeable experts from all over the world and our municipal bodies benefit from their contributions as we work together to build a smart and livable city," says Janet Jaynes, deputy city clerk.
The City is seeking new members for the following:
- Arts Advisory Committee
- Lemoine Point CRCA Advisory Committee
- Heritage Kingston
- Housing and Homelessness Advisory Committee
- Kingston Environmental Advisory Forum
- Rural Advisory Committee
Legislated Committees and Boards
- Appeals Committee
- Committee of Adjustment
- Municipal Accessibility Advisory Committee
- Taxi Commission
Agencies and Boards
- Kingston Access Services
- Kingston Economic Development Board of Directors
- Kingston Frontenac Public Library Board
- Kingston Police Services Board
- Milton Cemetery Board
- Pine Grove Cemetery Board
- Belle Park Working Group
- Central Kingston Growth Strategy Community Working Group
- North King's Town Secondary Plan Community Working Group
- Planning Advisory Working Group
Those interested in serving must be 18 years or older, a resident/business owner in Kingston, and be either a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, a person who has been given permanent resident status by immigrating to Canada but is not a Canadian Citizen, and has resided in Kingston for at least one year.
Apply by Nov. 20 at 4:30 p.m. online at www.CityofKingston.ca/Committees or at the city clerk's office at City Hall, 216 Ontario St.