City to close Division Street in hub to lay asphalt next week - City to close Division Street in hub to lay asphalt next week
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null City to close Division Street in hub to lay asphalt next week
May 10, 2019 -
The City of Kingston will be laying the final layer of asphalt at intersections in the hub area and along Division Street between Colborne and Brock streets starting Monday, May 13 until Thursday, May 16.
Motorists can expect significant delays due to lane closures while crews complete final layer of asphalt in the locations below:
- Barrie Street – at Queen Street – May 13-16.
- Brock Street – at Division – May 15-16.
Division Street will be closed according to the schedule below to accommodate this work. Division will remain open where it intersects with Brock, Princess and Colborne, but motorists will be affected by lane restrictions.
The following blocks of Division Street will be closed to allow for paving:
- Johnson to Brock – closed May 14-15. The intersection of Brock and Division remains open.
- Princess to Brock – closed May 14-16. The intersection of Division and Princess remains open.
- Princess to Colborne (including at Queen) – closed May 15-16. The intersection of Division and Colborne remains open.
This work represents the end of the Princess Street reconstruction project – the decade long effort to rebuild Kingston's main street between Lake Ontario and Division Street.