Discover the delights of Brewers, Bakers and Boilermakers at Ontario Street On Tap - Discover the delights of Brewers, Bakers and Boilermakers at Ontario Street On Tap
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Discover the delights of Brewers, Bakers and Boilermakers at Ontario Street On Tap
July 8, 2019 -
Ontario Street On Tap, an event from the After Hours series at the PumpHouse, will bring this year's exhibition "Ontario Street: Brewers, Bakers and Boilermakers, 1830-1970" to life. Ontario Street On Tap will take place on Saturday, July 13 from 6 - 9 p.m. The evening will highlight a period when the workers, entrepreneurs and residents of Ontario St. on the waterfront represented a changing face of Kingston.
- Guided tours by two cultural heritage curators, Melissa and Tom. Join Melissa at 6:30 p.m. to hear her speak on the "Boss Ladies of Ontario Street" and/or Tom at 7:30 p.m. for the "Rags to Riches to Rags" tour. City curator, Paul Robertson will also be on site to provide additional information to guests.
- Baker demonstration with Adam Taylor, head baker, from Pan Chancho. Explore the wonder of sourdough with an expert and take your own sourdough starter home. Samples of some of Pan Chancho's yeasty creations will be on hand to share as well.
- Live, local music by Kingston's own Goodnight Irenes. This talented band will perform musical selections in front of a beautiful waterfront vista.
- Brewer talk by Ron Shore, part owner of Stone City Ales. Ron will speak about brewing and answer your beer-filled questions.
- Hands-on pendant making with Valerie Thomas, instructor from the Kingston Lapidary and Mineral Club. Valerie will help guests create their own hammered copper pendant to take home.
- Catering generously provided by Tir nan Og, Kingston
- Admission to the "Ontario Street: Brewers, Bakers and Boiler Makers, 1830 - 1970" exhibition, which runs until the end of November.
Ontario Street On Tap is for visitors ages 19 and up. Tickets are $30 and can be purchased online. For more information, contact us in person at 23 Ontario Street, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 613-544-7867.
Thank you to our generous event sponsors Van Herpt Motors Ltd. and Tir nan Og, Kingston. Plus our thanks to Stone City Ales and Pan Chancho Bakery for additional support.