Doors Open to public for free this Saturday - Doors Open to public for free this Saturday
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Doors Open to public for free this Saturday
June 15, 2015 -
Get a behind-the-doors' look at cherished and intriguing Kingston buildings for free during Doors Open Kingston on Saturday, June 20.
"Doors open is a great excuse to check out some of our beautiful historic buildings and cultural spaces. This year we are also giving out commemorative Sir John A. bicentennial pins at City Hall," says Sue Hitchcock, event coordinator. The free pins mark the 200th bicentennial of the birth of Canada's first prime minister.
Most of these locations will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. See www.doorsopenontario.on.ca/Events/Kingston.aspx for further location details.
- Agnes Etherington Art Centre – University Avenue at Bader Lane
- Bellevue House National Historic Site – 35 Centre St.
- Canada's Penitentiary Museum – 555 King St. W.
- Chalmers United Church – 212 Barrie St.
- CORK Sail Kingston, Portsmouth Olympic Harbour – 53 Yonge St.
- HMCS Cataraqui – 24 Navy Way
- Kingston Area Recycling Centre – 196 Lappan's Lane
- Kingston City Hall - 216 Ontario St. – get a FREE commemorative Sir John A. Macdonald bicentennial pin!
- Kingston Lawn Bowling Club – 100 Napier St.
- Kingston Police Headquarters – 705 Division St.
- Kingston School of Art & Window Art Gallery – 647A Princess St.
- Kingston Theatre Organ Society Concert Centre – 89 Kirkpatrick St.
- McLachlan Woodworking Museum – 2993 Highway 2 East
- Museum of Health Care at Kingston – 32 George St.
- Pump House Steam Museum – 23 Ontario St.
- Queen's Athletics and Recreation Centre – 284 Earl St.
- Queen's University Solar Education Centre – 244 Sir John A. Macdonald Blvd.
- Rogers K-Rock Centre – 1 The Tragically Hip Way
- Royal Canadian Horse Artillery Brigade Association – 193 Ontario St.
- Royal Tavern – 344 Princess St.
- St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church – 130 Clergy St. E.
- St. George's Cathedral – 270 King St. E.
- St. Paul's Anglican Church – 137 Queen St.
- Sydenham Street United Church – 82 Sydenham St.
For more details please call Sue Hitchcock at 613-546-4291 ext. 1716
Plan your bus trip with Google Transit: www.kingstontransit.ca/tripplanner
About the City of Kingston
The City of Kingston provides municipal services to 120,000 residents living in this visually stunning, historic city, often ranked one of the best places to live in Canada. In 2014, it was named a Top 7 Smart Community by the Intelligent Community Forum. Our vision – to become Canada's most sustainable city – focusses our efforts on: environmental responsibility, social equity, economic health and cultural vitality. Please visit www.CityofKingston.ca and join the conversation on social media.
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, communications officer, 613-546-4291, ext. 3116, or call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.