Easter holiday to affect City and Utilities Kingston schedules - Easter holiday to affect City and Utilities Kingston schedules
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Easter holiday to affect City and Utilities Kingston schedules
March 21, 2016 -
City and Utilities Kingston schedules change this week due to the Easter holiday:
- Green bin, garbage and recycling: There is no collection on Friday, March 25 or Monday, March 28. Friday's material will be collected Saturday. Monday's collection moves to Tuesday and moves forward a day for the rest of the week. Never miss collection day: go to www.CityofKingston.ca/collection to sign-up to receive collection reminders by phone, text or email – or get the FREE "Kingston Waste" app for use on your Apple or Android device.
- Kingston Transit: Bus service will not operate on Friday. Buses run on their usual service schedules on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
- Kingston Access Services: Operates with limited service Friday and Monday. Regular service on Saturday and Sunday. Call 613-542-2512 for information.
- Kingston Area Recycling Centre: Closed Friday and Monday. Open Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Administrative offices (including housing and social services and Provincial Offences on Montreal Street): Closed Friday through Monday.
- Utilities Kingston and Kingston Hydro: Closed Friday through Monday. In the event of a utility emergency, such as a gas smell, power outage or a water main break, call the Utilities Kingston 24-hour number at 613-546-1181. Hydro One electricity customers in the city's west and east ends should call 1-800-434-1235. Union Gas customers can call 1-877-969-0999. Remember: prices are off-peak for electricity used on weekends and holidays like Good Friday.
- Kingston Frontenac Public Library: All branches closed Friday, Sunday and Monday.
- Arenas: Open Friday and Saturday. Closed Sunday and Monday.
- INVISTA Centre: Open Friday, Saturday and Sunday (but Saturday's public skate is cancelled). Closed Monday.
- INVISTA Fitness & Wellness Centre: Closed Friday and Monday. Open Saturday and Sunday.
- Artillery Park Aquatic Centre: Closed Friday and Monday. Open Saturday and Sunday.
- Grand Theatre Box Office: Closed Friday, Sunday and Monday. Open Saturday from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
About the City of Kingston
The City of Kingston provides municipal services to 125,000 residents living in this visually stunning, historic city, often ranked one of the best places to live in Canada. Kingston is focusing on being smart and livable as it pursues its vision to become Canada's most sustainable city. We focus on environmental responsibility, social equity, economic health and cultural vitality –ensuring that today's decisions don't compromise our future. Please visit www.CityofKingston.ca and join the conversation on social media.
Media contact: For more information contact the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.