News & Public Notices
Easter holiday to affect City and Utilities Kingston schedules
April 10, 2017 -
City and Utilities Kingston schedules change this week due to the Easter holiday:
- Green bin, garbage and recycling: There is no collection on Friday, April 14 or Monday, April 17. Friday's material will be collected Saturday. Monday's collection moves to Tuesday and moves forward a day for the rest of the week. Never miss collection day: go to www.CityofKingston.ca/collection to sign-up to receive collection reminders by phone, text or email – or get the FREE "Kingston Waste" app for use on your Apple or Android device.
- Kingston Transit: Bus service will not operate on Friday. Buses run on their usual service schedules on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
- Kingston Access Services: Operates with limited service Friday and Monday. Call 613-542-2512 for information.
- Kingston Area Recycling Centre: Closed Friday and Monday. Open Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Administrative offices (including housing and social services and Provincial Offences on Montreal Street): Closed Friday through Monday.
- Utilities Kingston and Kingston Hydro: Closed Friday through Monday. Customers experiencing a water or power outage can go to UtilitiesKingston.com/Outages to see if it is on the map. If not – or to report a gas smell or a water main break – call Utilities Kingston 24/7 at 613-546-1181. Hydro One electricity customers in the city's west and east ends should call 1-800-434-1235. Union Gas customers can call 1-877-969-0999. Remember: off-peak pricing applies to electricity used on weekends and holidays.
- Kingston Frontenac Public Library: All branches closed Friday and Monday.
- Arenas: Closed Friday and Monday.
- INVISTA Centre: Closed Friday and Monday.
- INVISTA Fitness & Wellness Centre: Closed Friday and Monday.
- Artillery Park Aquatic Centre: Closed Friday and Monday.
- Grand Theatre Box Office: Closed Friday, Sunday and Monday. Open Saturday from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
About the City of Kingston
The City of Kingston provides municipal services to 125,000 residents living in this visually stunning, historic city, often ranked one of the best places to live in Canada. Kingston is focusing on being smart and livable as it pursues its vision to become Canada's most sustainable city. We focus on environmental responsibility, social equity, economic health and cultural vitality –ensuring that today's decisions don't compromise our future. Please visit www.CityofKingston.ca and join the conversation on social media.
Media contact: For more information call the communications and customer experience department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.