News & Public Notices
Easter holiday to affect City and Utilities Kingston schedules
April 14, 2014 -
City and Utilities Kingston schedules change due to the Easter holidays:
- Green Bin, garbage and recycling: There is no collection on Friday or Monday. Friday's material will be collected that Saturday. Monday's collection moves to Tuesday and for the rest of next week, collection occurs the day after the regular day. Never miss collection day again: go to www.CityofKingston.ca/collection to sign-up to receive collection reminders by phone, text or email. The City also offers a FREE "Kingston Waste" app for use on your Apple or Android device.
- Kingston Transit: Bus service will not operate on Friday. Buses run on their usual service schedules on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
- Kingston Access Services: Operates with limited service Friday and Monday. Regular service on Saturday and Sunday. Call 613-542-2512 for information.
- Kingston Area Recycling Centre: Closed Friday and Monday. Open Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Administrative Offices (including Community and Family Services and Housing Departments on Montreal Street and Provincial Offences): Closed Friday through Monday.
- Utilities Kingston and Kingston Hydro: Closed Friday through Monday. In the event of a utility emergency, such as a gas smell, power outage or a water main break, call the Utilities Kingston 24-hour number at 613-546-1181. Hydro One electricity customers in the city's west and east ends should call 1-800-434-1235. Union Gas customers can call 1-877-969-0999.
- Libraries: All branches of the Kingston Frontenac Public Library will be closed Friday, Sunday and Monday.
- Arenas: Closed Friday and Monday. Open regular hours Saturday and Sunday.
- INVISTA Centre: Closed Monday. Open regular hours Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- INVISTA Fitness & Wellness Centre: Closed Friday and Monday. Open regular hours on Saturday and Sunday.
- Beechgrove Complex Recreation Centre: Closed Friday and Monday. Open regular hours on Saturday and Sunday.
- Portsmouth Olympic Harbour: Closed Friday and Monday.
- Wally Elmer Youth Centre: Closed Friday and Monday.
- Grand Theatre Box Office: Closed Friday, Sunday and Monday. Open Saturday from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- MacLachlan Woodworking Museum: Closed on Friday, Sunday and Monday. Open Saturday.
- Pump House Steam Museum: Closed Friday, Sunday and Monday. Open Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (the "My Shoreline" library program runs at 2 p.m.).
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Media Relations Officer, 613-546-4291, ext. 3116. Or call Communications at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.