News & Public Notices
Easter holiday to affect City schedules
March 25, 2015 -
City and Utilities Kingston schedules change next week due to the Easter holiday:
- Green bin, garbage and recycling: There is no collection on Friday, April 3 or Monday, April 6. Friday's material will be collected Saturday. Monday's collection moves to Tuesday and moves forward a day for the rest of the week. Never miss collection day: go to www.CityofKingston.ca/collection to sign-up to receive collection reminders by phone, text or email – or get the FREE "Kingston Waste" app for use on your Apple or Android device.
- Kingston Transit: Bus service will not operate on Good Friday. Buses run on their usual service schedules on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
- Kingston Access Services: Operates with limited service Friday and Monday. Regular service on Saturday and Sunday. Call 613-542-2512 for information.
- Kingston Area Recycling Centre: Closed Friday and Monday. Open Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (the household hazardous waste facility is also open Saturday, April 4).
- Administrative offices (including housing and social services on Montreal Street and Provincial Offences): Closed Friday through Monday.
- Utilities Kingston and Kingston Hydro: Closed Friday through Monday. In the event of a utility emergency, such as a gas smell, power outage or a water main break, call the Utilities Kingston 24-hour number at 613-546-1181. Hydro One electricity customers in the city's west and east ends should call 1-800-434-1235. Union Gas customers can call 1-877-969-0999.
- Kingston Frontenac Public Library: All branches closed Friday, Sunday and Monday.
- Arenas: Closed Friday and Monday. Open Saturday and Sunday.
- INVISTA Centre: Closed Monday and Friday. Open Saturday and Sunday.
- INVISTA Fitness & Wellness Centre: Closed Friday and Monday. Open Saturday and Sunday.
- Artillery Park Aquatic Centre: Closed Friday and Monday. Open Saturday and Sunday.
- Portsmouth Olympic Harbour: Closed Friday and Monday.
- Wally Elmer Youth Centre: Closed Friday and Monday.
- Grand Theatre Box Office: Closed Friday, Sunday and Monday. Open Saturday from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Pump House Steam Museum: Closed Friday, Sunday and Monday. Open Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
About the City of Kingston
The City of Kingston provides municipal services to 120,000 residents living in this visually stunning, historic city, often ranked one of the best places to live in Canada. In 2014, it was named a Top 7 Smart Community by the Intelligent Community Forum. Our vision – to become Canada's most sustainable city – focusses our efforts on: environmental responsibility, social equity, economic health and cultural vitality. Please visit www.CityofKingston.ca and join the conversation on social media.
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, media relations officer, 613-546-4291, ext. 3116, or call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.