News & Public Notices
Easter Holiday to Affect City Services
March 25, 2013 -
Municipal services like Kingston Transit, and Green Bin and garbage collection will be affected by the Easter holiday:
- Kingston Transit: Bus service will not operate on Friday. Buses run on their regular service on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
- Green Bin, garbage and recycling: There is no collection on Friday or Monday. Friday's material will be collected Saturday. Monday's collection moves to Tuesday and for the rest of the week, collection occurs the day after regular day.
- Kingston Area Recycling Centre: Closed Friday and Monday. Open Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Administrative Offices (including Community and Family Services and Housing Departments on Montreal Street and Provincial Offences): Closed Friday through Monday.
- Utilities Kingston and Kingston Hydro: Closed Friday through Monday. In the event of a utility emergency, such as a gas smell, power outage or a water main break, call the Utilities Kingston 24-hour number at 613-546-1181. Hydro One electricity customers in the city's west and east ends should call 1-800-434-1235.
- Libraries: All branches of the Kingston Frontenac Public Library will be closed Friday, Sunday and Monday.
- Arenas: Closed Monday. Open regular hours Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- INVISTA Centre: Closed Monday. Open regular hours Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- INVISTA Centre Fitness & Wellness Centre: Closed Friday and Monday. Open regular hours on Saturday and Sunday.
- Beechgrove Complex Recreational Facility: Closed Friday and Monday. Open regular hours on Saturday and Sunday.
- Portsmouth Olympic Harbour: Closed Friday and Monday.
- Wally Elmer Neighbourhood Centre: Closed Friday and Monday.
- Grand Theatre Box Office: Closed Friday, Sunday and Monday. Open Saturday from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Oakwood Daycare: Closed Friday and Monday.
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Communications Officer 613-546-4291, ext. 3116. Or call the City of Kingston's media hotline at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.