News & Public Notices
Everything Drainage Workshop: protect your property from water issues
June 21, 2017 -
Utilities Kingston invites homeowners to participate in a free workshop to help them manage excess water on their property, prevent basement flooding and comply with the City of Kingston's Sewer Use Bylaw.
Have standing water on your property? Notice your sump pump running frequently? The Everything Drainage Workshop is for you. It's also for homeowners who would like to make every raindrop count to conserve tap water.
"Learning how storm water and rainfall should be handled on your property can help you conserve water and reduce the risk of water damage to your property, while helping to protect your neighbours from basement flooding and sewage back-ups," says Stephen Sottile, manager of customer service and conservation.
You will learn:
- Home Drainage 101
- Simple, do-it-yourself drainage solutions
- About the Preventative Plumbing Program – the popular financial assistance program to help homeowners install plumbing measures that reduce the risk of sewage back-ups and basement flooding
- How to manage standing or excess water using landscaping and rain-scaping techniques
The two-hour workshop, offered at the times below, takes place at 85 Lappan's Lane. Meet at the front doors to enter the building for the workshop. Events will be held on the following dates:
- Wednesday, July 12 from 6 – 8 p.m.
- Saturday, July 15 from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 26 from 6. – 8 p.m.
- Saturday, July 29 from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
To register, use our quick and easy-to-use online form at www.UtilitiesKingston.com, or call 613-546-0000 and say ‘conservation'.
Media contact: For more information, contact 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.
About Utilities Kingston: Utilities Kingston operates multiple utilities through a single service structure, allowing it to deliver cost savings and customer service excellence. The company is unique in Ontario, combining water, wastewater, gas and electrical services, and broadband fibre optics in one company. Trusted by customers to deliver reliable utilities for more than 150 years, employees are proud to provide personal, responsive services.
Connect with Utilities Kingston – all your utility needs under one roof.
Twitter: follow @www.twitter.com/utilitieskngstn
Facebook: Like us at www.facebook.com/utilitieskingston