News & Public Notices
Friday Traffic Report
May 10, 2013 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events that are expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week.
See the entire 2011-2014 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Princess Street Reconstruction
- Princess Street is closed between King Street and Wellington Street until mid-June.
- Princess Street is closed between Bagot Street and Wellington Street until late June.
- Princess Street will be closed between Bagot and Montreal until late June.
- Bagot Street will be closed between Queen and Brock beginning Tuesday, May 14 until the end of June.
- The intersection at Bagot and Princess will close once the intersection at Wellington and Princess opens next week.
John Counter Boulevard Traffic Delay
Motorists can expect delays on John Counter Boulevard between Division Street and Aberfoyle Road, including the intersection of Sir John A. Macdonald Boulevard until mid-August.
Other Road Closures
- Third Avenue will be closed from Nelson Street to Victoria Street until mid-May.
- Alfred Street will be closed from Earl Street to Johnson Street until late May.
- University Avenue from Earl Street to William Street will be closed until late May.
- Quebec Street will be closed between Chestnut and Division until the end of May.
- Victoria Street will be closed between Third and First beginning Tuesday, May 21 until mid-June.
- The intersection of Bagot and Ordnance will be closed until May 24 while Doornekamp Construction upgrades the water and sewer services as part of the improvements being made to Artillery Park Fitness and Aquatic Centre.
Other Traffic Delays
- Raglan Road will experience delays between Montreal Street and Rideau Street until early June while crews re complete the reconstruction of the road.
- Markland Street will experience delays between Montreal Street and Patrick Street until early June while crews re complete the reconstruction of the road.
- Montreal Street will experience delays between Markland Street and Raglan Road until early June while crews re complete the reconstruction of the road.
- Bayridge Drive will experience delays between Cedarwood and Peachwood until mid-June while crews install infrastructure for the Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
- Centennial Drive between Waterloo and Crossfield and Princess Street in the vicinity of the Centennial Drive will experience traffic delays until early June while crews complete intersection improvement.
- Ontario Street will be closed between Brock and Clarence on Saturday, May 11 from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. for the Breast Cancer Action Kingston Charity Fundraising Event.
- The Tragically Hip Way will be closed between King and Ontario on Saturday, May 11 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. for the Science Rendezvous Kingston.
Bookmark this site for the latest Kingston Transit bus detours www.CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
– 30 –
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Communications Officer 613-546-4291, extension 3116. Or call the City of Kingston's media hotline at 613-546-4291, ext 2300.