News & Public Notices
Friday Traffic Report
May 31, 2013 -
King Street closes for paving tomorrow
As mentioned earlier this week, King Street will be closed between Princess and Queen tomorrow from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. while crews pave the road. The intersection at King and Queen will experience delays during this time and the intersection at King and Princess will be closed.
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events that are expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week.
See the entire 2011-2014 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Princess Street Reconstruction
- Princess Street is closed between King Street and Wellington Street until mid-June.
- Princess Street is closed between Montreal and Wellington Street until late June.
- Bagot Street will be closed between Queen and Brock until the end of June.
John Counter Boulevard Traffic Delay
Motorists can expect delays on John Counter Boulevard between Division Street and Aberfoyle Road, including the intersection of Sir John A. Macdonald Boulevard until mid-August.
Other Road Closures
- Chelsea Road will be closed between Henderson and Welborne until mid-June.
- Victoria Street will be closed between Third and First until mid-June.
- Alfred Street will be closed from Earl Street to Johnson Street until early June.
- Alfred Street will be closed from Johnson and Brock until mid-June.
- University will be closed also be closed from William and Johnson until early June
- Division Street will be closed between Quebec and York beginning Monday, June 3 until mid-June
Other Traffic Delays
- Raglan Road will experience delays between Montreal Street and Rideau Street until early June while crews re complete the reconstruction of the road.
- Markland Street will experience delays between Montreal Street and Patrick Street until early June while crews re complete the reconstruction of the road.
- Montreal Street will experience delays between Markland Street and Raglan Road until early June while crews re complete the reconstruction of the road.
- Bayridge Drive will experience delays between Cedarwood and Peachwood until mid-June while crews install infrastructure for the Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
- Centennial Drive between Waterloo and Crossfield and Princess Street in the vicinity of the Centennial Drive will experience traffic delays until early July while crews complete intersection improvement.
- Collins Bay Rd both north and south of the intersection of Taylor Kidd Blvd. will experience delays until mid-June while crews construction of new concrete bus pads and sidewalk work.
- Bath Road will experience delays between Queen Mary and Centennial until mid-June while crews resurface the road.
The following streets will be closed on Sunday, June 2 for the Annual Beat Beethoven 8 km Race and 4 km run/walk:
- Ontario Street between Brock and Market Streets, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Ontario Street between Market and King/West Streets, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Market Street between King and Ontario Streets, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Clarence Street between King and Ontario Streets, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Johnson Street between King and Ontario Streets, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- William Street between King Street and Ontario Street, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Earl Street between King and Ontario Streets, 10 a.m. to 12 noon.
Bookmark this site for the latest Kingston Transit bus detours www.CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
– 30 –
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Communications Officer 613-546-4291, extension 3116. Or call the City of Kingston's media hotline at 613-546-4291, ext 2300.