Friday Traffic Report - Friday Traffic Report
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Friday Traffic Report
June 21, 2013 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events that are expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week.
See the entire 2011-2014 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Princess Street Reconstruction
- Princess Street is closed between King Street and Montreal Street until the end of June.
- Bagot Street will be closed between Queen and Princess until mid-August. The intersection of Princess and Bagot will open beginning July 1.
- Bagot Street will also be closed between Princess and Brock until mid-August. The intersection of Brock and Bagot will remain open.
John Counter Boulevard Traffic Delay
Motorists can expect delays on John Counter Boulevard between Division Street and Aberfoyle Road, including the intersection of Sir John A. Macdonald Boulevard until mid-August.
Other Road Closures
- Chelsea Road will be closed between Welborne and Glencastle until late June.
- Kirkpatrick will be closed between Division and Lyons beginning Wednesday, June 26 until early August.
- Victoria Street will be closed between Third and First until late June.
- Alfred Street will be closed between Earl Street to Johnson Street until late June.
- University will be closed from William and Johnson until late June.
- Division Street will be closed between York and Hamilton beginning Wednesday, June 26 until late July.
- Division Street will be closed between Quebec and York until late June.
Other Traffic Delays
- Division street will experience delays at the intersection of Kirkpatrick while crews replace the underground infrastructure on beginning Monday, June 24 until mid-July.
- Princess Street will experience delays between Midland and Bayridge until late June while crews construct sidewalks.
- Princess Street will experience delays at the Collins Bay/ Cataraqui Woods intersection until early July while crews construct an intersection and traffic signals.
- Raglan Road will experience delays between Montreal Street and Rideau Street until late June while crews re complete the reconstruction of the road.
- Markland Street will experience delays between Montreal Street and Patrick Street until late June while crews re complete the reconstruction of the road.
- Montreal Street will experience delays between Markland Street and Raglan Road until late June while crews re complete the reconstruction of the road.
- Bayridge Drive will experience delays between Cedarwood and Peachwood until late June while crews install infrastructure for the Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
- Centennial Drive between Waterloo and Crossfield and Princess Street in the vicinity of the Centennial Drive will experience traffic delays until early July while crews complete intersection improvement.
Ontario Street will be closed between Brock and Clarence on Sunday, June 23 from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. for the Golden Helmets demonstration.
Ontario Still will be closed between Brock and Clarence on Saturday, July 6 from 7 a.m. to 5 pm. for the annual Taste of Kingston festival.
The following streets will be closed on Monday, July 1 for the Limestone Mile and Canada Day Ceremonies
- Clarence from Ontario to Wellington 6 to 10 a.m.
- King from Brock to Earl 6 to 10 a.m.
- Earl from King to Ontario 6 to 10 a.m.
- Ontario from Brock to Market 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Bookmark this site for the latest Kingston Transit bus detours www.CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
– 30 –
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Communications Officer 613-546-4291, extension 3116. Or call the City of Kingston's media hotline at 613-546-4291, ext 2300.