Friday Traffic Report - Friday Traffic Report
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Friday Traffic Report
June 28, 2013 -
Update, July 4, 2013: The traffic delays previously announced for today have been postponed until tomorrow due to an equipment malfunction. Traffic can now be expected on Division Street at the intersection of John Counter Blvd on Friday, July 5 while crews prepare the road for asphalt.
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events that are expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week.
See the entire 2011-2014 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Princess Street Reconstruction
- Princess Street will be open to traffic later today. However delays can continue to be expected between Bagot and King while crews complete finishing.
- Bagot Street will be closed between Queen and Princess until late July. The intersection of Princess and Bagot will remain open.
- Bagot Street will also be closed between Princess and Brock until mid-August. The intersection of Brock and Bagot will remain open.
- The intersection of Queen and Bagot Street will be closed beginning Tuesday, July 2 until early July.
John Counter Boulevard Traffic Delay
Motorists can expect delays on John Counter Boulevard between Division Street and Aberfoyle Road, including the intersection of Sir John A. Macdonald Boulevard until mid-August.
Other Road Closures
- Chelsea Road will be closed from Glencastle to Haverhill (north) beginning Tuesday, July 2 until mid-July.
- University Avenue will be closed between Johnson and Brock beginning Wednesday, July 3 until mid-July.
- Kirkpatrick Street will be closed between Division and Lyons beginning Wednesday, June 26 until early August.
- Division Street will be closed between York and Hamilton until mid-August.
Other Traffic Delays
- Expect delays in the vicinity of the Collins Creek Bridge Tuesday, July 2 and Wednesday, July 3 while crews conduct bridge inspections.
- Expect delays in the vicinity of the Front Road Bridge Thursday, July 4 and Friday, July 5 while crews conduct bridge inspections.
- Sydenham Road will experience delays between Crossfield and Eunice beginning Wednesday, July3 until mid-July.
- Centennial Drive between Waterloo and Crossfield and Princess Street in the vicinity of the Centennial Drive will experience traffic delays until early July while crews complete intersection improvement.
- Division street will experience delays at the intersection of Kirkpatrick while crews replace the underground infrastructure until mid-July.
- Princess Street will experience delays at the Collins Bay/ Cataraqui Woods intersection until mid-July while crews construct an intersection and traffic signals.
- Raglan Road will experience delays between Montreal Street and Rideau Street until mid-July while crews re complete the reconstruction of the road.
- Markland Street will experience delays between Montreal Street and Patrick Street until mid-July while crews re complete the reconstruction of the road.
- Montreal Street will experience delays between Markland Street and Raglan Road until mid-July while crews re complete the reconstruction of the road.
- Bayridge Drive will experience delays between Cedarwood and Peachwood until early July while crews install infrastructure for the Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
Ontario Still will be closed between Brock and Clarence on Saturday, July 6 from 7 a.m. to 5 pm. for the annual Taste of Kingston festival.
The following streets will be closed on Monday, July 1 for the Limestone Mile and Canada Day Ceremonies
- Clarence from Ontario to Wellington 6 to 10 a.m.
- King from Brock to Earl 6 to 10 a.m.
- Earl from King to Ontario 6 to 10 a.m.
- Ontario from Brock to Market 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Bookmark this site for the latest Kingston Transit bus detours www.CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
– 30 –
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Communications Officer 613-546-4291, extension 3116. Or call the City of Kingston's media hotline at 613-546-4291, ext 2300.
Connect to your City.