News & Public Notices
Friday Traffic Report
July 19, 2013 -
Updates, July 23, 2013:
- Expect significant delays on John Counter Blvd. and Sir John A. Macdonald Blvd. on Thursday July 25, Friday July 26, Monday July 29 and Tuesday July 30 while crews complete the final layer of asphalt in the intersection.
- The new traffic signals at the intersection of Centennial Drive and Davis Drive have been activated.
Update, July 19, 2013: The intersection of Queen Street and Bagot Street will be closed from Monday, July 22 through to the end of the day on Tuesday, July 23 to install servicing for a neighbouring development and while crews for the City completes paving in the intersection as part of the reconstruction project on Bagot Street.
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events that are expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week.
See the entire 2011-2014 infrastructure program at www.cityofkingston.ca/construction.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Princess Street Reconstruction
- Expect delays on Princess Street between Bagot and King until late August while crews complete finishings.
- Bagot Street will be closed between Queen and Princess until late July. The intersection of Princess and Bagot will remain open.
- Bagot Street will also be closed between Princess and Brock until mid-August. The intersection of Brock and Bagot will remain open.
John Counter Boulevard Traffic Delay
Expect delays on John Counter Boulevard between Division Street and Aberfoyle Road, including the intersection of Sir John A. Macdonald Boulevard until mid-August.
Other Road Closures
- Chelsea Road will be closed from Haverhill (north) to Haverhill (south) early August.
- University Avenue will be closed between Johnson and Brock until mid-July.
- Kirkpatrick Street will be closed between Lyons and Kingscourt beginning Monday, July 22 until mid-September.
- Division Street will be closed between York and Hamilton until mid-August.
Other Traffic Delays
- Sir John A. Macdonald (south bound) will experience delays from MacPherson South beyond Norman Rogers Drive beginning Monday, July 22 until mid-August while crews reconstruct the sidewalk and bus bay.
- Brock Street will experience delays between Montreal and Sydenham beginning Monday, July 22 until early August while crews install speed hump.
- Sydenham Road will experience delays between Crossfield and Eunice until late July.
- Princess Street will experience delays at the Collins Bay/ Cataraqui Woods intersection until mid-July while crews construct an intersection and traffic signals.
- Bayridge Drive will experience delays between Cedarwood and Peachwood until mid-July while crews install infrastructure for the Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
- Market Street will be closed between Ontario and King and King Street will be closed between Clarence and Brock from Friday July 19 at 6 a.m. to 1 a.m. on Saturday, July 20 for Rock in the Square, the Classic Albums Live presentation of AC/DC's Back in Black.
- Ontario Street will be closed between Market and Brock on Sunday, July 21 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for the Pull Together for Epilepsy fundraiser.
Bookmark this site for the latest Kingston Transit bus detours www.CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
– 30 –
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Communications Officer 613-546-4291, extension 3116. Or call the City of Kingston's media hotline at 613-546-4291, ext 2300.