Friday Traffic Report - Friday Traffic Report
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Friday Traffic Report
August 9, 2013 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events that are expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week.
See the entire 2011-2014 infrastructure program at www.cityofkingston.ca/construction.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
John Counter Boulevard
Expect delays on John Counter Boulevard between Division Street and Aberfoyle Road, including the intersection of Sir John A. Macdonald Boulevard until mid-August while crews complete finishing touches.
Princess Street Reconstruction
- Expect delays on Princess Street between Bagot and King until late August while crews complete finishings.
- Bagot Street will be closed between Queen and Princess until late August. The intersection of Princess and Bagot will remain open.
- Bagot Street will also be closed between Princess and Brock until late August. The intersection of Brock and Bagot will remain open.
Other Road Closures
- Chelsea Rd. will be closed from Haverhill Dr. (S) to Hyde St. beginning Monday, August 12 until mid-August.
- Kirkpatrick Street will be closed between Kingscourt and Brant beginning Monday, August 12 until late September.
- Chelsea Road will be closed from Haverhill (north) to Haverhill (south) mid-August.
- Division St. will be closed from York St. to Hamilton St. until mid-August.
- Kirkpatrick Street will be closed between Lyons and Kingscourt until mid-September.
Other Traffic Delays
- Brock Street will experience significant delays between Montreal and Sydenham until Saturday morning. The roadway is down to one lane to allow the new speed humps sufficient time to cool. Choose an alternate route if possible.
- Bath Road eastbound will experience delays between Queen Mary and Portsmouth beginning Monday, August 12 until the end of August while crews install bus pads.
- Bath Road westbound will experience delays between Centennial and Armstrong beginning Monday, August 12 until the end of August while crews install bus pads.
- Montreal Street will experience delays from John Counter Blvd. to the 401 overpass until mid-September while crews micro surface the roadway.
- Princess Street will experience delays between Sir John A. Macdonald Blvd and Mooallim Place until late August while crews install sidewalks.
- Sir John A. Macdonald (south bound) will experience delays from MacPherson South beyond Norman Rogers Drive until mid-August while crews reconstruct the sidewalk and bus bay.
- Princess Street will experience delays at the Collins Bay/ Cataraqui Woods intersection until late August while crews construct an intersection and traffic signals.
- Bayridge Drive will experience delays between Cedarwood and Peachwood until late August while crews install infrastructure for the Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
- Ontario Street will be closed between Brock and Clarence on Friday, August 9 from noon to 11 p.m. and on Saturday, August 10 from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. for the boat display, part of the Poker Run Weekend.
- Market Street will be closed between Ontario and King, and King Street will be closed between Clarence and Brock on Friday, August 16 at 6 a.m. until Saturday, August 17 at 1 a.m. for the Trews Rock in the Square concert.
Bookmark this site for the latest Kingston Transit bus detours www.CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
– 30 –
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Communications Officer 613-546-4291, extension 3116. Or call the City of Kingston's media hotline at 613-546-4291, ext 2300.