News & Public Notices
Friday Traffic Report
March 21, 2014 -
Below is a list of traffic delays and road closures that will impact traffic flow in the coming week.
Victoria St. will be closed from South Bartlett St. to Princess St. from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Mar. 25 and Wednesday, Mar. 26 to accommodate the erection of a tower crane.
Princess St. will experience delays between Bath Rd. and Regent St. until the end of March while Bell Canada upgrades infrastructure in advance of the Williamsville reconstruction project.
Princess St. will also experience delays between Drayton Ave. and Macdonnell St. until mid-April while crews do preliminary work for the Williamsville reconstruction.
Earl Street from Division Street to University Avenue on Sunday, Mar. 23 from 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. for the Hotel Dieu Charitable Run/Walk Fundraiser.
Market Street will be closed on Mar. 29 from 5 to 10:30 p.m. for the Kingston Earth Hour Concert.
The following streets will be closed on Saturday, Mar. 29 from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. for the Queen's Cycling Race:
- University Avenue (between Union Street West and William Street)
- William Street (between University Avenue and Aberdeen Street)
- Aberdeen Street (between William Street and Earl Street)
- Earl Street( between University Avenue and Division Street)
- Division Street (between Earl Street and Union Street West)
- Union Street West (between Division Street and University Street, half of the road needed)
King Street will be closed between The Tragically Hip Way and Place D'Armes to accommodate the following events at the Rogers K-Rock Centre:
- Wednesday, Apr. 2 and Thursday, April 3 for the Harlem Globe Trotters
- Friday, Apr. 4 and Saturday, April 5 for R5 and the Disney Show
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Communications Officer 613-546-4291, ext. 3116. Or call the City of Kingston's media hotline at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.