Friday Traffic Report - Friday Traffic Report
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Friday Traffic Report
April 25, 2014 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events that are expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week and an advisory from Public Works and Government Services Canada regarding their upcoming closures of the La Salle Causeway.
See the entire 2011-2014 infrastructure program at www.cityofkingston.ca/construction.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Williamsville Road Closures and Delays:
- The intersection of Princess St. and Macdonnell St. is closed until the end of April as part of the Williamsville Reconstruction project. For more information see www.cityofkingston.ca/Williamsville.
- Princess St. is also closed from Macdonnell St. to Tower St. until late June. Businesses and medical offices are still accessible.
- Regent St. will be closed at the intersection of Princess St. from May 1 to May 3.
- Princess St. will experience delays between Bath Rd. and Regent St. until the end of April while Bell Canada upgrades their infrastructure.
Other Road Closures:
- Barbara St. is also closed from Division St. to Alfred Cres. until early July.
- Palace Rd. is also closed from Carruthers Ave. to Park St. until mid-May.
Other Traffic Delays:
- Division St. will experience delays at Barbara Ave. until late April.
- Bayridge Dr. will experience delays from Front Rd. to Hudson Dr. between April 28 and May 1 while crews seal cracks in the road surface.
- Taylor Kidd Blvd. will experience delays from Bayridge Dr. to Princess St. between April 29 and May 2 while crews seal cracks in the road surface.
- Bath Rd. will experience delays from Centennial Dr. to Vista Dr. between May 1 and May 5 while crews seal cracks in the road surface.
- Ontario Street will be closed from Brock to Clarence on Sunday, April 27 from 6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. for the Kingston Road Runners Association 5K and 21K Race Plus 5K Walk
- Ontario Street will be closed from Market to Brock on Thursday, May 1 from 9:30 a.m. to noon in Celebration of First Responders Day
- Ontario Street will be closed from Johnson to West on Sunday, May 4 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for the DND Battle of Atlantic Parade and Memorial Service at Naval Memorial Park
- Ontario Street will be closed from Clarence to Brock and Market Street will be closed from Ontario to King on Sunday, May 4 from 8:40 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. for the RMC Copper Sunday Parade
- Ontario Street will be closed from Brock to Clarence on Saturday, May 10 from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. for a Fundraising Event for Breast Cancer Action Kingston
The following closures are necessary to accommodate events at Rogers K-Rock Centre:
- King Street from The Tragically Hip Way to Place D'Armes on Saturday, May 2 from 12:01 a.m. to May 3 at 11:59 for the Science Rendezvous Parking Needs
- The Tragically Hip Way from King to Ontario on Saturday, May 3 from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for the Science Rendezvous 2014 for the Queen's University Community Outreach Centre
- King Street from The Tragically Hip Way to Place D'Armes on Saturday, May 6 from 12:01 to Sunday, May 7 at 1:01 a.m. for the Backstreet Boys Concert
- King Street from The Tragically Hip Way to Place D'Armes on Friday, May 9 for Gordon Lightfoot
- King Street from The Tragically Hip Way to Place D'Armes on Tuesday, May 13 for City & Color
La Salle Causeway
- Intermittent closures of up to five minutes for inspections by the consultant on Saturday, April 26 from 7 a.m. to noon. The bridge will open to traffic and pedestrians.
- Full closure of the bridge for maintenance work overnight on Sunday, April 27 from 12:01 a.m. to 4 a.m. The bridge will open for emergency vehicles and pedestrians only.
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Communications Officer 613-546-4291, ext. 3116. Or call the City of Kingston's media hotline at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.
Connect to your City.
Twitter: follow @CityofKingston
Facebook: Like us at www.facebook.com/TheCityofKingston
Information Radio: 106.3 FM