News & Public Notices
Friday Traffic Report
May 9, 2014 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events that are expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week as well as an information bulletin from Parks Canada about an upcoming closure at the bridge on Kingston Mills Rd.
See the entire 2011-2014 infrastructure program at www.cityofkingston.ca/construction.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Other Road Closures:
- Princess St. is closed from Macdonnell St. to Tower St. until late June as part of the Williamsville reconstruction project. Businesses and medical offices remain accessible. For more information see www.cityofkingston.ca/Williamsville.
- Barbara Ave. is closed from Division St. to Alfred Cres. until early July.
- Palace Rd. is closed from Brock St. Carruthers Ave until early July.
Other Traffic Delays:
- Day Rd. will experience delays from Front Rd. to Bath Rd. beginning May 8 until May 10 while crews seal cracks in the road surface.
- Bath Rd. will experience delays from Centennial Dr. to Vista Dr. between May 8 and May 14 while crews seal cracks in the road surface.
- Montreal St. will experience delays from Cassidy St. to Railway St. beginning May 14 until May 17 while crews seal cracks in the road surface.
- Palace Rd. will experience delays from Johnson St. to Brock St. until mid-June while crews replace the underground infrastructure.
- Brock St will experience delays at the Palace Rd. intersection until end of June while crews replace the underground infrastructure.
- Ontario Street will be closed from Brock to Clarence on Saturday, May 10 from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. for a Fundraising Event for Breast Cancer Action Kingston
The following closures are necessary to accommodate events at Rogers K-Rock Centre:
- King Street from The Tragically Hip Way to Place D'Armes on Friday, May 9 for Gordon Lightfoot
- King Street from The Tragically Hip Way to Place D'Armes on Tuesday, May 13 for City & Color
Parks Canada Advisory
The Director of Ontario Waterways for Parks Canada advises of the following temporary bridge closures for this regular spring maintenance, weather permitting: May 12-13 Kingston Mills (Kingston) Motorists are invited to plan their routes accordingly in order to avoid delays. To accommodate school bus traffic, efforts will be made to keep bridges closures between 9:30 am and 2:30 pm. Parks Canada wishes to thank bridge users for their patience during the maintenance period.
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Communications Officer 613-546-4291, ext. 3116. Or call the City of Kingston's media hotline at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.
Connect to your City.
Parks Canada Contact:
Paul Galipeau, External Relations
Rideau Canal, Parks Canada
613-283-7199 ext. 221