News & Public Notices
Friday Traffic Report
May 23, 2014 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events that are expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week.
See the entire 2011-2014 infrastructure program at www.cityofkingston.ca/construction.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Winter road repairs
Delays can be expected on a number of City streets while crews repair extensive winter damage to Kingston's urban roads. Once work starts next week, the City's Twitter feed (@CityofKingston) will offer daily updates on the $3.3 million repairs program. For the more major repairs, motorists and cyclists can also check the City pages in the Kingston Whig-Standard and/or sign up for Breaking News at www.CityofKingston.ca/news to receive Friday Traffic Reports.
- Princess St. is closed from Macdonnell St. to Tower St. until late June as part of the Williamsville reconstruction project.
- Princess Street will also experience delays from Concession St. to Tower St. until early June while crews complete the preliminary work for the next phase of the Williamsville reconstruction project.
- Businesses and medical offices remain open and accessible. For more information see www.cityofkingston.ca/Williamsville.
Other Road Closures:
- Barbara Ave. is closed from Division St. to Alfred Cres. until early July.
- Palace Rd. is closed from Brock St. Carruthers Ave until early July.
Other Traffic Delays:
- Palace Rd. will experience delays from Johnson St. to Brock St. until mid-June while crews replace the underground infrastructure.
- Brock St will experience delays at the Palace Rd. intersection until end of June while crews replace the underground infrastructure.
The following closures are necessary to accommodate events at Rogers K-Rock Centre:
- King Street from The Tragically Hip Way to Place D'Armes on Friday May 23 for the Joe Bonamassa Show.
- King Street from The Tragically Hip Way to Place D'Armes on Saturday, May 24 for Il Divo.
The following streets will be closed on Sunday, June 1 for the Annual Beat Beethoven 8 KM Race and 4 KM Run/Walk
From 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Ontario Street between Market and King/West Streets
- Ontario Street between Brock and Market Streets
- Market Street between King and Ontario Streets
- Clarence Street between King and Ontario Streets
- Johnson Street between King and Ontario Streets
- William Street between King Street and Ontario Street
From 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Earl Street between King and Ontario Streets
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Communications Officer 613-546-4291, ext. 3116. Or call the City of Kingston's media hotline at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.