News & Public Notices
Friday Traffic Report
June 20, 2014 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events that are expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week, including delays that can be expected on the La Salle Causeway.
See the entire 2011-2014 infrastructure program at www.cityofkingston.ca/construction.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Winter road repairs
Delays can be expected on a number of City streets until late Sept. while crews repair extensive winter damage to Kingston's urban roads. The City's Twitter feed (@CityofKingston) will offer daily updates on the $3.3 million repairs program. For the more major repairs, motorists and cyclists can also check the City pages in the Kingston Whig-Standard and/or sign up for Breaking News at www.CityofKingston.ca/news to receive Friday Traffic Reports.
- Queen Mary Rd. will experience delays beginning Monday, June 23 until early July while crews repair extensive winter damage to the road surface.
- Front Rd. will experience delays from Bayridge Dr. to King St. until late June while crews repair extensive winter damage to the road surface.
- King St. will experience delays from Front Rd. to Sir John A. Macdonald Blvd. until late June while crews repair extensive winter damage to the road surface.
- Princess St. is closed from Macdonnell St. to Tower St. until late June as part of the Williamsville reconstruction project.
- Princess Street will also experience delays from Concession St. to Tower St. until late August while crews work on the next phase of the Williamsville reconstruction project.
- Businesses and medical offices remain open and accessible. For more information see www.cityofkingston.ca/Williamsville.
Other Road Closures:
- Palace Rd. is closed from Brock St. to Carruthers Ave until early July.
- Gardiner St. north of Union St. will be closed until mid-July.
- Brant St. will be closed from Kirkpatrick St. to Oak St. until the end of July.
- Oak St. will be closed from Victoria St. to Brant Ave. beginning Wednesday, June 25 until mid-July.
- Innovation Drive will be closed from Discovery Ave. to John Marks Ave. on Wednesday, June 25 from 7 a.m. to Friday, June 27 at 5 p.m. for water and sewer connection.
- Old Quarry Rd. will be closed from Portsmouth Ave. to Indian Rd. between Monday, June 23 and Friday, June 27 while crews working with Utilities Kingston replace the water main.
- Princess St. will be closed between Bagot St. and King St. on Wednesday, June 25, rain date Thursday, June 26 while crews mark the crosswalks.
The following street closures will take place one at a time as crews mark the crosswalks:
- Bagot St. will be closed at Princess St. Thursday, June 26, rain date Friday, June 27.
- Wellington St. will be closed at Princess St. Thursday, June 26, rain date Friday, June 27.
- King St. will be closed at Princess St. Thursday, June 26, rain date Friday, June 27.
Other Traffic Delays:
- Union St. will experience delays at Gardiner St. while crews replace underground infrastructure until mid-July.
- Bagot St. will experience delays from Queen St. to Brock St. beginning Tuesday, June 17 until late June while crews replace the asphalt surface.
- Rideau St. may experience intermittent delays east of Montreal St. to the Megaffin Park next week while Utilities Kingston crews replace poles for Kingston Hydro.
- Portsmouth Ave. may experience intermittent delays between Fairview Rd. and Elmwood St. next week while Utilities Kingston crews replace poles for Kingston Hydro.
- Queen St. will experience intermittent delays near Bagot St. next week while Utilities Kingston crews install an electric vault for Kingston Hydro.
- Bagot St. will experience intermittent delays between Princess St. and Queen St. next week while Utilities Kingston crews install cable for Kingston Hydro.
- Union St. will experience delays between Sir John A. Macdonald Blvd and Mowat Ave. next week while Utilities Kingston crews replace poles for Kingston Hydro.
- Princess St. will be closed from Wellington St. to King St. on Saturday, June 21 from 7 to 11 p.m. for the Kingston Arts Council, Skeleton Park Festival.
- Ontario St. will be closed between Brock St. and Market St on July 1 for the Civic Ceremonies and Canada Day Celebrations.
- King Street from The Tragically Hip Way to Place d'Armes on Thursday, June 26 for the Frontenac Secondary School Graduation.
The following streets will be closed on July 1 between 6 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. to accommodate the Limestone Mile Races:
- Ontario St. from Brock St. to Earl St.
- Earl St. from King St. to Ontario St.
- King St. from Brock St. to Earl St.
- Clarence St. from Ontario St. to Wellington St.
La Salle Causeway
Public Works and Government Services Canada has advised that traffic delays can be expected while their contractor, Team Solutions cleans catch basins on June 24 from 7 p.m. to midnight.
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Media Relations Officer 613-546-4291, ext. 3116. Or call the City of Kingston's media hotline at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.