Friday Traffic Report - Friday Traffic Report
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Friday Traffic Report
June 27, 2014 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events that are expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week.
See the entire 2011-2014 infrastructure program at www.cityofkingston.ca/construction.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Winter road repairs
Delays can be expected on a number of City streets until late Sept. while crews repair extensive winter damage to Kingston's urban roads. The City's Twitter feed (@CityofKingston) will offer daily updates on the $3.3 million repairs program. For the more major repairs, motorists and cyclists can also check the City pages in the Kingston Whig-Standard and/or sign up for Breaking News at www.CityofKingston.ca/news to receive Friday Traffic Reports.
- Queen Mary Rd. will experience delays beginning Monday, June 23 until early July while crews repair extensive winter damage to the road surface.
- Front Rd. will experience delays from Bayridge Dr. to King St. until mid-July while crews repair extensive winter damage to the road surface.
- King St. will experience delays from Front Rd. to Sir John A. Macdonald Blvd. until mid-July while crews repair extensive winter damage to the road surface.
- Princess St. is closed from Macdonnell St. to Tower St. until mid-July as part of the Williamsville reconstruction project.
- Princess Street will also experience delays from Concession St. to Tower St. until late August.
- Businesses and medical offices remain open and accessible. For more information see www.cityofkingston.ca/Williamsville.
Other Road Closures:
- Albert Sreet will be closed from 7 a.m. on July 7 to July 11 at 7 p.m. from Stuart Street to 100 metres from King Street while Graham Construction completes work related to building the Residence.
- Stuart Street will be closed on July 12 from 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. from Albert Street to St. Lawrence Avenue while Graham Construction completes work related to building the Residence.
- Palace Rd. is closed from Brock St. to Carruthers Ave until mid-July.
- Gardiner St. north of Union St. will be closed until mid-July.
- Brant St. will be closed from Kirkpatrick St. to Oak St. until the end of July.
- Oak St. will be closed from Victoria St. to Brant Ave. beginning Wednesday, June 25 until mid-July.
Other Traffic Delays:
- Union St. will experience delays at Gardiner St. while crews replace underground infrastructure until mid-July.
- Rideau St. may experience intermittent delays east of Montreal St. to the Megaffin Park next week while Utilities Kingston crews replace poles for Kingston Hydro.
- Portsmouth Ave. will experience intermittent delays between Fairview Rd. and Elmwood St. next week while Utilities Kingston crews replace poles for Kingston Hydro.
- Queen St. may experience intermittent delays near Bagot St. next week while Utilities Kingston crews install an electric vault for Kingston Hydro.
- Bagot St. may experience intermittent delays between Princess St. and Queen St. next week while Utilities Kingston crews install cable for Kingston Hydro.
- Union St. may experience delays between Sir John A. Macdonald Blvd and Mowat Ave. next week while Utilities Kingston crews replace poles for Kingston Hydro.
- Ontario St. will be closed between Brock St. and Market St on July 1 for the Civic Ceremonies and Canada Day Celebrations.
- Ontario Street will be closed on Saturday, July 5 from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. for Taste of Kingston.
- King Street will be closed from The Tragically Hip Wat to Place d'Armes on Sunday, July 6 for WWE.
The following streets will be closed on July 1 between 6 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. to accommodate the Limestone Mile Races:
- Ontario St. from Brock St. to Earl St.
- Earl St. from King St. to Ontario St.
- King St. from Brock St. to Earl St.
- Clarence St. from Ontario St. to Wellington St.
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Media Relations Officer 613-546-4291, ext. 3116. Or call the City of Kingston's media hotline at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.
Connect to your City.