Friday Traffic Report - Friday Traffic Report
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Friday Traffic Report
July 11, 2014 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events that are expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week.
See the entire 2011-2014 infrastructure program at www.cityofkingston.ca/construction.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Winter road repairs
Delays can be expected on a number of City streets until late Sept. while crews repair extensive winter damage to Kingston's urban roads. The City's Twitter feed (@CityofKingston) will offer daily updates on the $3.3 million repairs program. For the more major repairs, motorists and cyclists can also check the City pages in the Kingston Whig-Standard and/or sign up for Breaking News at www.CityofKingston.ca/news to receive Friday Traffic Reports.
- Queen Mary Rd. will experience delays beginning until mid-July while crews repair extensive winter damage to the road surface.
- Princess St. is closed from Macdonnell St. to Tower St. until mid-July as part of the Williamsville reconstruction project.
- Princess St. will also experience delays from Concession St. to Tower St. until late August.
- Princess St. will also be closing between Tower St. and Drayton St. until late August as crews enter phase three of this project.
- Businesses and medical offices remain open and accessible. For more information see www.cityofkingston.ca/Williamsville.
Other Road Closures:
- Albert St. will be closed until tonight at 7 p.m. from Stuart St. to 100 metres from King St. while Graham Construction completes work related to building the Residence.
- Stuart St. will be closed tomorrow from 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. between Albert St. to St. Lawrence Ave. while Graham Construction completes work related to building the Residence.
- Palace Rd. is closed from Brock St. to Carruthers Ave until late July.
- Gardiner St. north of Union St. will be closed until mid-July.
- Brant Ave. will be closed from Kirkpatrick St. to Oak St. until the end of July.
- Oak St. will be closed from Victoria St. to Brant Ave. mid-July.
- George St. will be closed from King St. to OKill St. until mid-August.
Other Traffic Delays
- Union St. will experience delays at Gardiner St. while crews replace underground infrastructure until mid-July.
- Midland Ave. will experience delays between Princess St. and Cataraqui Woods Dr. until the end of July while crews install storm sewers and sidewalk.
- Ontario St. will be closed from Market St. to Brock St. on Sunday, July 20 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for Pull Together for Epilepsy.
The following streets will be closed for Buskers this weekend:
- Market St. between Ontario St. and King St. from today, Saturday and Sunday between 10 a.m. and 11 p.m. each day.
- Sydenham St. between Princess St. and Queen St. from today and Saturday between 2:45 p.m. and 5:15 p.m. each day.
- Princess St. between Bagot St. and Wellington St. from today and Saturday between 12:45 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. each day.
- Ontario St. between Brock St. and Johnson St. from today between 5:30 p.m. and 11 p.m. each day.
- Princess St. between Division St. and Barrie St. on Saturday from 8 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Ontario St. between Brock St. and Johnson St. on Saturday from 2:45 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Ontario St. between Brock St. and Johnson St. on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Media Relations Officer 613-546-4291, ext. 3116. Or call the City of Kingston's media hotline at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.