News & Public Notices
Friday Traffic Report
July 18, 2014 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events that are expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week.
See the entire 2011-2014 infrastructure program at www.cityofkingston.ca/construction.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Winter road repairs (#ygkroads)
Delays can be expected on a number of City streets until late Sept. while crews repair extensive winter damage to Kingston's urban roads. The City's Twitter feed (@CityofKingston) will offer daily updates on the $3.3 million repairs program. For the more major repairs, motorists and cyclists can also check the City pages in the Kingston Whig-Standard and/or sign up for Breaking News at www.CityofKingston.ca/news to receive Friday Traffic Reports.
- Princess St. will also be closing between Tower St. and Drayton St. until late August as crews enter phase three of this project.
- Princess St. will also experience delays from Concession St. to Tower St. until late August.
- Businesses and medical offices remain open and accessible. For more information see www.cityofkingston.ca/Williamsville.
Other Road Closures:
- Baster Ave. will be closed from Avondale Cr. to Sproule St. beginning Monday, July 28 until early August.
- Avondale Cr. will be closed from Sproule St. to Baxter Ave. beginning Monday, July 28 until late August.
- Palace Rd. is closed from Brock St. to Carruthers Ave until early August.
- Brant Ave. will be closed from Kirkpatrick St. to Oak St. until the end of July.
- George St. will be closed from King St. to OKill St. until mid-August.
- Ontario St. will be closed on Sunday, July 20 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for Pull Together for Epilepsy.
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Media Relations Officer 613-546-4291, ext. 3116. Or call the City of Kingston's media hotline at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.