News & Public Notices
Friday Traffic Report
July 25, 2014 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events that are expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week.
See the entire 2011-2014 infrastructure program at www.cityofkingston.ca/construction.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Winter road repairs #ygkroads
Delays can be expected on a number of City streets until late September while crews repair extensive winter damage to Kingston's urban roads. The City's Twitter feed (@CityofKingston) will offer daily updates on the $3.3 million repairs program. For the more major repairs, motorists and cyclists can also check the City pages in the Kingston Whig-Standard and/or sign up for Breaking News at www.CityofKingston.ca/news to receive Friday Traffic Reports.
Williamsville reconstruction street closures and delays:
- Albert St. will be closed between Mack St. and Princess St. beginning Monday, July 28 until late October.
- Princess St. is closed between Tower St. and Drayton Ave. until late August as crews enter phase three of this project.
- Princess St. will also experience delays from Concession St. to Tower St. until late August.
- Businesses and medical offices remain open and accessible. For more information see www.CityofKingston.ca/Williamsville.
Other traffic delays:
- Sir John A. Macdonald Blvd. will experience delays at the intersection of Dalton Ave. beginning Monday, July 28 until early August while crews repair the road surface.
- Montreal St. will experience delays from Cassidy St. to Hwy 401 from August 5 to 8 while crews micro-surface the road surface.
Other Road Closures:
- Baxter Ave. will be closed from Avondale Cr. to Sproule St. beginning Monday, July 28 until early August.
- Avondale Cr. will be closed from Sproule St. to Baxter Ave. beginning Monday, July 28 until late August.
- Palace Rd. is closed from Brock St. to Carruthers Ave until early August.
- Palace Rd. will also be closed between Carruthers Ave. to Park St. will be closed beginning Monday, July 28 until early September.
- Brant Ave. will be closed from Kirkpatrick St. to Oak St. until the end of July.
- George St. is closed from King St. to Okill St. until mid-August.
- George St. will also be closed from Okill St. to Stuart St. beginning Monday, July 28 until early August.
- Ontario St. will be closed from Brock St. to Johnson St. from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, July 26 for the Show N'Shine motorcycle event in support of Almost Home.
- Market St. will be closed for the day beginning at 8 a.m. and King St. will be closed beginning at 7 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 1 for Rockin' in the Square with Arkells and Will Hunter Band.
- Princess St. will be closed between Division St. and Ontario St. on Saturday, Aug 2 from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. for the Princess Street Promenade.
K-Town Triathlon – August 3
The following streets will be closed on Sunday, Aug. 2 to accommodate the K-Town Triathlon:
- Ontario between Queen and Market from 4 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Brock between King and Ontario from 4 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Princess between King and the Holiday Inn from 4 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Ontario between The Tragically Hip Way and Queen from 7 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Queen between King and Ontario from 7 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Place d'Armes southbound ramp from King to Ontario from 7 a.m. to 12: 45 p.m.
- Ontario southbound lane between the northerly leg of Place d'Armes and Barrack from 7 a.m. to 12: 45 p.m.
- Ontario between Market and West from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Market between King and Ontario from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Clarence between King and Ontario from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Johnson between King and Ontario from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- William between King and Ontario from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Earl between King and Ontario from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Gore between King and Ontario from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Lower Union between King and Ontario from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- West between King and Ontario from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Also note temporary change allowing two-way traffic on Princess St. between King and Ontario from 7:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
Media contact: For more information contact the City of Kingston's media hotline at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.
Connect to your City.
Twitter: follow @CityofKingston
Facebook: Like us at www.facebook.com/TheCityofKingston
Information Radio: 106.3 FM