News & Public Notices
Friday Traffic Report
August 8, 2014 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events that are expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week.
See the entire 2011-2014 infrastructure program at www.cityofkingston.ca/construction.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Winter road repairs #ygkroads
Delays can be expected on a number of City streets until late September while crews repair extensive winter damage to Kingston's urban roads. The City's Twitter feed (@CityofKingston) will offer daily updates on the $3.3 million repairs program. For the more major repairs, motorists and cyclists can also check the City pages in the Kingston Whig-Standard and/or sign up for Breaking News at www.CityofKingston.ca/news to receive Friday Traffic Reports.
Williamsville reconstruction street closures and delays:
- Albert Street will be closed between Mack and Princess until late October.
- Princess Street is closed between Tower and Drayton until late August as crews complete phase three of this project.
- Drayton is also closed at the intersection of Princess. Drayton remains accessible via Concession. Princess through traffic to use Bath/Concession to Macdonnell Street.
- Princess Street will also experience delays from Concession to Regent until late August.
- Businesses and medical offices remain open and accessible. For more information see www.CityofKingston.ca/Williamsville.
Other traffic delays:
- Ontario Street will experience delays between Brock and Market beginning Monday, Aug. 11 to Wednesday, Aug. 13
- Rideau Street may experience intermittent delays east of Montreal to River next week while Utilities Kingston crews conduct overhead pole work for Kingston Hydro.
- Queen Street may experience intermittent delays between Bagot and Wellington next week while Utilities Kingston crews conduct electrical vault work for Kingston Hydro.
- Union Street may experience intermittent delays between Sir John A. Macdonald and Mowat next week while Utilities Kingston crews conduct Overhead pole work for Kingston Hydro.
Other Road Closures:
- Main Street in Barriefield will be closed from August 13 and 14 between James and Highway 2, while crews for Utilities Kingston work on the River Street Pumping Station Twin Forcemain Extension
- Baxter Avenue will be closed from Avondale to Sproule until late August.
- Avondale Crecent will be closed from Sproule to Baxter until late August.
- Palace Road will be closed between Carruthers to Park until early September.
- George Street is closed from King to Okill until mid-August.
- George Street will also be closed from Okill to Stuart until early Sept.
- Ontario Street will be closed between Brock and Johnson on Friday, Aug. 8 from 12 noon to 12 midnight and on Saturday, Aug. 9 from 7 a.m. to 12 midnight for the Poker Run Weekend Boat Display.
- The alleyway parallel to Sydenham United Church will be closed beginning Monday, Aug. 11 to Aug. 25 from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day for repairs to the church steeple.
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Media Relations Officer, 613-546-4291, ext. 3116. Or call Communications at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.