News & Public Notices
Friday Traffic Report
August 15, 2014 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events that are expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week.
See the entire 2011-2014 infrastructure program at www.cityofkingston.ca/construction.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Winter road repairs #ygkroads
Delays can be expected on a number of City streets until late September while crews repair extensive winter damage to Kingston's urban roads. The City's Twitter feed (@CityofKingston) will offer daily updates on the $3.3 million repairs program. For the more major repairs, motorists and cyclists can also check the City pages in the Kingston Whig-Standard and/or sign up for Breaking News at www.CityofKingston.ca/news to receive Friday Traffic Reports.
Williamsville reconstruction street closures and delays:
- Albert Street will be closed between Mack and Princess until late October.
- Princess Street is closed between Tower and Drayton until late August as crews complete phase three of this project.
- Princess Street is also closed between Drayton and Regent until late September.
- Princess Street will also experience delays from Concession to Regent until late August.
- Businesses and medical offices remain open and accessible. For more information see www.CityofKingston.ca/Williamsville.
Other Road Closures:
- Albert Street will be closed from Stuart to 100 M north of King Street from August 18 to August 20 while Graham Construction and Engineering perform communications duct bank connection between the new building on Stuart and communications manhole on west side of Albert Street.
- Baxter Avenue will be closed from Avondale to Sproule until late August.
- Avondale Crecent will be closed from Sproule to Baxter until late August.
- Palace Road will be closed between Carruthers to Park until early September.
- George Street is closed from King to Okill until mid-August.
- George Street will also be closed from Okill to Stuart until early Sept.
The following streets will be closed to accommodate the Limestone City Blues Festival, August 21 – 23.
- Ontario Street from Brock to Market on Thurs. August 21 from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Princess Street from Division to Barrie on Fri. August 22 from 4:45 p.m. to midnight.
- Brock Street from Ontario to Wellington on Sat. August 23 from 4:30 p.m. to midnight.
- King Street from Brock to Princess on Sat. August 23 from 4:30 p.m. to midnight.
- Market Street from Ontario to King on Sat. August 23 from 6:00 a.m. to midnight.
- King Street from Clarence to Brock on Sat. August 23 from 11:30 a.m. to midnight.
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Media Relations Officer, 613-546-4291, ext. 3116. Or call Communications at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.
Connect to your City.
Twitter: follow @CityofKingston
Facebook: Like us at www.facebook.com/TheCityofKingston
Information Radio: 106.3 FM