Friday Traffic Report - Friday Traffic Report
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Friday Traffic Report
August 22, 2014 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events that are expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week.
See the entire 2011-2014 infrastructure program at www.cityofkingston.ca/construction.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Winter road repairs #ygkroads
Delays can be expected on a number of City streets until late September while crews repair extensive winter damage to Kingston's urban roads. The City's Twitter feed (@CityofKingston) will offer daily updates on the $3.3 million repairs program. For the more major repairs, motorists and cyclists can also check the City pages in the Kingston Whig-Standard and/or sign up for Breaking News at www.CityofKingston.ca/news to receive Friday Traffic Reports.
Queen's Move-in Day
Sunday, Aug. 31 from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The following changes will be in effect to accommodate Queen's University students' move-in day:
- Collingwood Street from King to Union will be one-way northbound.
- Lower Albert Street from Union to King will be one-way southbound.
- St. Lawrence Avenue from Stuart to King will be one-way southbound.
- Bader Lane from University to Lower Albert will be one-way westbound.
- Queen's Crescent from Lower Albert to Collingwood will be one-way westbound.
- Stuart Street from University to Lower Albert will be one-way westbound.
Williamsville reconstruction street closures and delays:
- Albert Street will be closed between Mack and Princess until late October.
- Princess Street is closed between Tower and Drayton until late August as crews complete phase three of this project.
- Princess Street is also closed between Drayton and Regent until late September.
- Princess Street will also experience delays from Concession to Regent until late August.
- Businesses and medical offices remain open and accessible. For more information see www.CityofKingston.ca/Williamsville.
Other Road Closures:
- Palace Road will be closed between Carruthers to Park until early September.
- Princess Street from Drayton to Regent will be closed until late September.
- Princess Street at Regent will be closed until mid-September.
- Albert Street from Mack to Princess will be closed until late October.
- George Street will be closed from Okill to Stuart until early September.
- Stuart Street at the intersection of George will be closed beginning Tuesday, Sept. 2 until late September. Stuart Street will remain open to traffic needing to access the hospital and Queen's University buildings.
- Stuart Street from Albert to St. Lawrence will be closed Thursday, Aug. 28 from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. to dismantle crane.
The following streets will be closed to accommodate the Limestone City Blues Festival.
- Princess Street from Division to Barrie on Friday, Aug. 22 from 4:45 p.m. to midnight.
- Brock Street from Ontario to Wellington on Saturday, Aug. 23 from 4:30 p.m. to midnight.
- King Street from Brock to Princess on Saturday, Aug. 23 from 4:30 p.m. to midnight.
- Market Street from Ontario to King on Saturday, Aug. 23 from 6 a.m. to midnight.
- King Street from Clarence to Brock on Saturday, Aug. 23 from 11:30 a.m. to midnight.
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Media Relations Officer, 613-546-4291, ext. 3116. Or call Communications at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.
Connect to your City.