News & Public Notices
Friday Traffic Report
September 5, 2014 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events that are expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week.
See the entire 2011-2014 infrastructure program at www.cityofkingston.ca/construction.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Williamsville Construction Street Closures and Delays
- Albert Street will be closed between Mack and Princess until late October.
- Princess Street is closed from Drayton to Regent until late September.
- Princess Street will also experience delays from Concession to Regent until late October.
- Businesses and medical offices remain open and accessible. For more information see www.CityofKingston.ca/Williamsville.
Other Road Closures
- George Street will be closed from Okill to Stuart until mid-September.
- Stuart Street at the intersection of George will be closed beginning Tuesday, Sept. 2 until late September. Stuart Street will remain open to traffic needing to access the hospital and Queen's University buildings.
- Motorists can expect delays on the Front Road bridge until late November while crews undertake bridge work.
- University Avenue will be closed from Stuart to Union on Friday, Sept. 5 from 3:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. for Queen's University's Annual Sidewalk Sale.
- Cummins Road will be closed from Wilton to the end of Cummins on Saturday, Sept. 6 from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. for a Queen's University event.
- Albert Street will be closed from Brock to Mack on Saturday, Sept. 6 from 12 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. for Queen's University's Annual Charitable Car Wash "Shine Day".
- King Street will be closed from The Tragically Hip Way to Place D'Armes on Friday, Sept. 5 from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. to accommodate the Kingston Frontenacs' Season Ticket Dinner.
- Livingston Avenue will be closed from Union to King and Davison Street will be closed from Ellerbeck to Pembroke on Saturday, Sept. 6 from 12 noon to 10:30 p.m. for the Livingston / Davidson Street Festival.
- Ontario Street will be closed between Brock and Market on Sunday, Sept. 7 from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. for the Multicultural Festival.
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Media Relations Officer, 613-546-4291, ext. 3116. Or call Communications at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.
Connect to your City.