News & Public Notices
Friday Traffic Report
November 14, 2014 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week.
See the entire 2011-2014 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/construction.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Other Road Closures
- George Street will be closed from Okill to Stuart beginning until mid-November.
- George Street will be closed from King to Okill beginning Monday, Nov. 17 until late November.
- Front Road will experience delays in the vicinity of the bridge until late November while crews undertake bridge work.
- King Street will be closed from the Tragically Hip Way to Place d'Armes on Saturday, Nov. 15 for the Brad Paisley Show and on Monday, Nov. 17 for the Junior Hockey Subway Super Series.
- Market Street will be closed between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 22 for the Santa Parade and Tree Lighting Ceremony.
The City of Kingston provides municipal services to 120,000 residents living in this visually stunning, historic city, often ranked one of the best places to live in Canada. In 2014, it was named a Top 7 Smart Community by the Intelligent Community Forum. Our vision – to become Canada's most sustainable city – focusses our efforts on: environmental responsibility, social equity, economic health and cultural vitality. Please visit www.CityofKingston.ca and join the conversation on social media.
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Media Relations Officer, 613-546-4291, ext. 3116 (cell 613-329-3462). Or call Communications at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.