News & Public Notices
Friday Traffic Report
April 12, 2013 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events that are expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week, including two notices issued by Parks Canada.
See the entire 2011-2014 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Princess St Reconstruction
- King Street is closed between Princess and Queen until mid-April.
- Princess Street is closed between King and Wellington until mid-June.
- Princess Street is closed between Bagot and Wellington until late June.
- The intersection of Princess and Wellington will be closed beginning Wednesday, April 17 to mid-May.
John Counter Blvd. Traffic Delays
- Motorists can expect delays on John Counter Blvd. between Division and Aberfoyle Road, including the intersection of Sir John A. Macdonald Blvd. until mid-August.
Other Traffic Delays
Raglan Road will experience delays between Montreal and Rideau until early June while crews re complete the reconstruction of the road
Markland Street will experience delays between Montreal and Patrick until early June while crews re complete the reconstruction of the road.
Montreal Street will experience delays between Markland and Raglan until early June while crews re complete the reconstruction of the road.
Victoria Street will experience delays between Third Avenue and Fifth Avenue while crews install temporary water services in anticipation of the upcoming reconstruction.
- King Street will be closed between Barrack and Place d'Armes on Friday, April 12 for Great Big Sea.
- King Street will be closed between Barrack and Place d'Armes on Tuesday, April 21 for Diana Krall.
- King Street will be closed between Barrack and Place d'Armes on Tuesday, April 23 for Stars on Ice.
Parks Canada has advised of two road closures that are required for their spring maintenance on two swing bridges:
- Swing Bridge on Washburn Rd (Lower Brewer's Locks) on Thursday, April 18, 2013 from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Swing Bridge on Kingston Mills Rd on Friday, April 19, 2013 from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Bookmark this site for the latest Kingston Transit bus detours www.CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
– 30 –
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Communications Officer 613-546-4291, extension 3116. Or call the City of Kingston's media hotline at 613-546-4291, ext 2300.