News & Public Notices
Friday Traffic Report - Feb. 22 - March 1
February 22, 2019 -
Motorists, cyclists and pedestrians: review the listing of streets and related messages below for travel information of interest to you.
Traffic and pedestrian impacts this week:
- Highway 401 – at Highway 38/Gardiners Road – expect lane closures on the 401 until November 2020 and delays of up to 10 minutes nightly from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. on the westbound 401. A new carpool lot will open here Nov. 30, 2019. Ontario highway updates are offered by the Ministry of Transportation.
- Jackson Mills Road – from Bur Brook Road to 400m south (near the K&P Trail) – reduced to one lane for roadside safety improvements but both directions remain open.
- John Counter Boulevard – from Portsmouth to Princess – expect road delays until the end of March while Hydro One, Bell Canada and Utilities Kingston crews relocate the overhead wires in preparation for the next phase of the John Counter improvements.
- King St. East -- from Brock to Clarence -- will be down to lane until 5 p.m. on Feb. 28 to allow for gas main work by Utilities Kingston.*
- Lakeland Point Drive -- from Front to Wartman -- closed until 5 p.m. on Feb. 26 for water main repairs by Utilities Kingston.*
- Market Street – from Ontario to King – closed from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Feb. 23 and 24 for Feb Fest events.
*This information was added after this release was distributed.
- Kingston Transit detours: www.CityofKingston.ca/BusDetours.
- Daily updates: Follow @CityofKingston on Twitter – https://twitter.com/cityofkingston.
- Ministry of Transportation updates – For bilingual travel information on Ontario highways visit www.Ontario.ca/511, call 5-1-1 or follow @511Ontario (English) or @Ontario511 (French) on Twitter.
- City's infrastructure program: www.CityofKingston.ca/Construction.