Friday Traffic Report - March 22-29 - Friday Traffic Report - March 22-29
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Friday Traffic Report - March 22-29
March 22, 2019 –
Motorists, cyclists and pedestrians: review the listing of streets and related messages below for travel information of interest to you.
Traffic and pedestrian impacts this week:
- Bath Road -- from Mr. Transmission to Days Road -- expect the westbound land and northern lanes to be closed from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on March 28 to allow for the drilling of test holes.*
- John Counter Boulevard – east of Ascot Lane to Cataraqui River – from March 25 until the Third Crossing Bridge is complete. The area will be fenced off and there will be no access to the water at the end of John Counter.
Sir John A. Macdonald Boulevard -- at Dalton Avenue-- expect the northbound right turn lane to be closed 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily from March 26 to March 28 to accommodate gas main repairs by Utilities Kingston.*
- Terry Fox Drive -- at Sir John A. Macdonald Boulevard -- expect the westbound approach to be closed 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily from March 28 to March 30 for gas main maintenance by Utilities Kingston.*
- Gore Road – at Point St. Mark Drive – expect periodic lane closures from March 25 to March 29 to accommodate tree removals. Watch for workers safely directing traffic.
- Highway 401 – at Highway 38/Gardiners Road – expect lane closures on the 401 until November 2020 and delays of up to 10 minutes nightly from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. on the westbound 401. A new carpool lot will open here Nov. 30, 2019. Ontario highway updates are offered by the Ministry of Transportation.
- Jackson Mills Road – from Bur Brook Road to 400m south (near the K&P Trail) – reduced to one lane for roadside safety improvements but both directions remain open.
- John Counter Boulevard – from Portsmouth to Princess – expect road delays until mid-April while Bell Canada and Utilities Kingston crews relocate the overhead wires in preparation for the next phase of the John Counter improvements.
- Perth Road – near Bur Brook Road – expect lane closures and shifts until 4 p.m. on March 22 to accommodate gas main maintenance by Utilities Kingston.
- Sir John A. Macdonald Boulevard -- at Dalton Avenue-- expect the northbound right turn lane to be closed 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily from March 26 to March 28 to accommodate gas main repairs by Utilities Kingston.*
- Terry Fox Drive -- at Sir John A. Macdonald Boulevard -- expecte the westbound approach to be closed 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily from March 28 to March 30 for gas main maintenance by Utilities Kingston.*
- Gore Road community garden and dog park pathway – expect short (five-minute) closures of the pathway from March 25 to 29 to allow for equipment to be unloaded. Watch for safe direction from workers.
Traffic-related links and messages:
- Load restrictions in effect: Until the end of April, heavy trucks/loads are restricted on City roads, where posted, each spring to reduce damage.
- Kingston Transit detours: www.CityofKingston.ca/BusDetours.
- Daily updates: Follow @CityofKingston on Twitter – https://twitter.com/cityofkingston.
- Ministry of Transportation updates – For bilingual travel information on Ontario highways visit www.Ontario.ca/511, call 5-1-1 or follow @511Ontario (English) or @Ontario511 (French) on Twitter.
- City's infrastructure program: www.CityofKingston.ca/Construction.
*This information was added after this release was distributed.